DIY Boost Fooler? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

DIY Boost Fooler?

while i was at my local diesel shop gettin a price on a boost fooler i was told by a guy that works their that you can make your own boost fooler by just grounding out the map sensor? he said all you have to do is tap the green and black wire on your map and run a wire to the nearest bolt on your hood and wa-la theirs your fooled map sensor.

is this true? kinda sounds like it would work but i dont know much about the map sensor system but i would think it would pop an ses light?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 07:18 AM
Loud pipes save lives

Re: DIY Boost Fooler?

If you ground it out it seems like your map would never see boost and never fuel all the way. You can just use an air regulator set a few lbs. lower than what throws codes. Put one end to an air hose and a gauge on the other to set it.

97 F-250 xl Regular Cab. Borg Warner TP-38, diesel site regulated return, adrenaline, purple trans
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and some other parts to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 12:24 PM
PSN Veteran

I made my own boost fooler from a small air pressure regulator. It has work flawlessly for about 3 years now.

2001 F250, CCSB, 4X4, Auto, Forged rods
Lots of go fast parts and still slow.

2001 F250, STD cab, 2WD

Frame is a little shorter now
workin on body
engine build underway

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 12:29 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

With correct tuning you dont need a boost fooler but thats for another thread.

I would never just ground out the MAP that will make it so the PCM wont see any boost at all and wont fuel right.

If you really need one then make your own of buy one from a sponsor here.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 05:03 PM
dinnerbooter treasurer

If you go here and read up why the air regulator does not work correctly. As far as that goes I have been using one for over a year now but I don't believe it has been letting my truck run correctly. But I do not know because that is all I have ever run on it.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 05:09 PM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuineford View Post
If you go here and read up why the air regulator does not work correctly. As far as that goes I have been using one for over a year now but I don't believe it has been letting my truck run correctly. But I do not know because that is all I have ever run on it.

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUBBS View Post
while i was at my local diesel shop gettin a price on a boost fooler i was told by a guy that works their that you can make your own boost fooler by just grounding out the map sensor? he said all you have to do is tap the green and black wire on your map and run a wire to the nearest bolt on your hood and wa-la theirs your fooled map sensor.

is this true? kinda sounds like it would work but i dont know much about the map sensor system but i would think it would pop an ses light?
You don't just ground it with a wire. You put a zener in the wire.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Ticking time bomb

Is the Zener a 4.7
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Village Idiot

possibly....but I have heard mixed results with the electrical boost fooler
sp diesel design that strokinearly99 had...he ended up smashing it with a hammer. if you get the itp design do not play with it , as tempting as it is to spin in around before you install it you will get it out of calibration.
just put it in and tweak it, and remember how you adjust it so you can undo it if needed.

as far as the regulated blow off designs bleeding off boost.....that is a bunch of hoo-ey. it is a tiny pin hole and far less then a mouse fart.

dieselsite, di and itp all have good designs.
I know of one outfit that tried to copy the dieselsite design and left out a small feature that made it not work.

on a side note matt can tune out the need for a fooler all together.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 03:22 AM
PSN Pretender

I have had the SP on for over a year without any issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode