aftermarket power distribution (relays) - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

aftermarket power distribution (relays)

I have a bunch of things that need to be wired up shortly, and they all need relays. 2 a/w ic pumps, 1 fuel pump, and 2 water injection pumps. I can get them all wired up, but, there has to be an easier, neater way. I am looking for something that I can run one big 12v+ to and do the wiring from there. Anybody know of anything? I searched around at some audio stuff, but didn't see what I am looking for.

03 E-350 7.3, forged rods, exhaust ported heads, comp 910's, 38R/47, 4.10LS, stealth twin pumps, 300cc hybrids from Swamps, h-11's, racerx trans and TC, Swamps tunes, water...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 12:55 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Re: aftermarket power distribution (relays)

Go to a bone yard and get one out of a ford crown vic police car. might even look at the f-150 deal mounted on the firewall pass side.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 01:00 AM
ARMY bound

ahhh if you need the police junction boxes I'll see if I have any around. I usually pull them out with the police wiring and toss them. But I might be able to find some if you want. PM me if that's what you end up needing.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Caption This

Do you like these?
http://www.autotrendefi.com/images/P...fusepanel2.jpg

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljay View Post
Go to a bone yard and get one out of a ford crown vic police car. might even look at the f-150 deal mounted on the firewall pass side.
Thanks! That may be just what I need. And when you wrote crown vic police car, I thought of bbx.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbxcursion View Post
ahhh if you need the police junction boxes I'll see if I have any around. I usually pull them out with the police wiring and toss them. But I might be able to find some if you want. PM me if that's what you end up needing.
I guess I would need to see what one looks like, but I can imagine a police car requiring a lot of relays, and should work fine. When you have time, that would be great! Thanks!

03 E-350 7.3, forged rods, exhaust ported heads, comp 910's, 38R/47, 4.10LS, stealth twin pumps, 300cc hybrids from Swamps, h-11's, racerx trans and TC, Swamps tunes, water...
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444-4D View Post
Not much, but I am not picky! Thanks. On another note, I realize that each device requires it's own 12v power. Suggestions on wiring 12v to each device? Directly from battery? How do I run a bunch of 12v wires direct from battery? Of significant size, 10 ga?

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Caption This

I'd use a fine strand 8 gauge for the power wire. I'd power all of the relays with the same wire. Then I would install a small short connector from the power terminal to the + side of the relay coil and switch the - side. You might even find a relay that is internally wired.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 03:03 AM
Village Idiot

you can always run a larger wire to a dist pannel then tap off that.
each can have its own feed, fuse etc. there was a new product in one of the diesel mags not too long ago dealing this very problem , basically it was a small box or series of boxes that distributed power but was suppose to use far less wiring. have a look at some boat shops etc, they have hundreds of different sub pannels, distribution blocks etc.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 03:11 AM
PSN Veteran

Run a power distribution box like they do with amplifiers

Back to stock for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800joedaddy View Post
It's one thing to get cornholed... its another to pay for the cornholing!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 04:09 AM
ARMY bound

I'll see if I can find some of the police junction boxes for ya, there is usually 2 of them in a car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode