Amber strobe light bar - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Amber strobe light bar

Ok so I am looking to upgrade from my Blazer 18" light bar to a full 47" strobe light bar. Looking into led as the old style bubble lights would look silly. Want to hear from people on what to avoid and what brands you liked?

08f450pstroke from KY
08 F-450 King Ranch, 4x4 auto, Spartan tuned 300, DPF/EGR delete, CCV mod, S&B Intake and a few other things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Re: Amber strobe light bar

you look at the atomic cab lights yet ?

https://youtu.be/8_728D_wuLE

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Yeah I have seen them, neat as hell. But with my headache rack they are not fully visible from the back, I know they make them for the mirror lights and flashers but it's not enough for me. I have to have something fully visible from all angles

08f450pstroke from KY
08 F-450 King Ranch, 4x4 auto, Spartan tuned 300, DPF/EGR delete, CCV mod, S&B Intake and a few other things.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 08:43 PM
Administrator

gotcha!

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I love my Blazer! It's super bright. It just pulls so hard I cant leave the truck off for much more then an hour or its spotty on starting back especially this time a year. And I have good batteries.

08f450pstroke from KY
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 10:07 AM
Luddite in Charge

When I'm doing up-armoring on an associate's vehicles I always run across Whelen strobe or LED modules/power packs. He always finds the most inconvenient places to put them in my way but he swears by them. Not only for being cheap, but durable as well. I guess it makes sense for him to put 'nonessentials' on the blast side of the armor and not waste space inside. When I get a vehicle from him there will be 4 or more of these control modules running looms of wire to lights in roof racks, clearance lights, turn signals/tail lights, you name it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I have thought about Whelen just didn't know anything about them, and if I could find a full system to run a light bar and additional strobes that would be great. I just don't like having 2 or 3 different controls for every set of lights.

08f450pstroke from KY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode