52" LED Light Bar on the cheap - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By PWRstroke_smoke
  • 1 Post By PWRstroke_smoke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Rubber Neckin

Garage
52" LED Light Bar on the cheap

Light from Amazon:

Bracket Kit from Ebay:
1999 2014 F250 F350 Superduty 50" and 52" LED Straight Light Bar Roof Mount | eBay

Rigid Wiring Harness (very nice quality and good price)

This plug allows you to still use the water tight deutsch connection that comes on the RIGID wiring harness:
Deutsch DTP 2 Pin Receptacle Connector Kit EZ Crimp Contacts MSD aem NASCAR | eBay

Rivet Nuts to attach light brackets. I had my local fastenal store order these in for me no shipping charges either.
https://www.fastenal.com/products/de...diameter:310|~

6-1" 1/4-20 stainless pan head screws from local hardware store to mount light bracket.

Rivet nut crush tool: 1 1/2" 1/4-20 bolt, external serrated 1/4" star washer, and a 1/2" nut.

100% Silicon clear caulk: for the end caps on the the light bar. I removed them and put silicon caulking on the end caps then reinstalled. I also used silicon on the end cap screws and the rivet nuts.

I used the templates from these directions, it made it very easy to get them equally positioned on both sides. Be sure to print at 100% actual size or scale will be off on the templates:
http://www.kchilites.com/downloads/d...structions.pdf

The whole project cost about $165

2001 F350|4x4|ZF 6
4”MBRP|Muffler Delete|TW Tunes|S&B Intake|IH Bellowed UpPipes|ZooDad Mod|WW2|RRFRx|RRHPx|DS Turbomaster|RiffRaffOCR
4 linked 8" King Coilovers|Dual King Stabilizers|Bilstein 5100|Platinum Edition Leather Seats|35" Toyo MT|20" BMF SOTA|Custom Badges|Harley Headlights|Custom Built TireGate/Bumper|LineX|52" Led Light Bar|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 03:43 AM
PSN Local

Re: 52" LED Light Bar on the cheap

Where did you hide the wires?

2013 F250 Platinum 4x4 CC 6.7- Carli Commuter 2.0 suspension, 18x9 BMF Novakane, 35 12.5 R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT, Titan 50 gallon fuel tank

2002 F350 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3L
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Rubber Neckin

Garage

i ran them down the a-pillar on the outside under the weatherstripping. then into the passenger side fender where the connectors from the light and wiring harness meet. then across the engine compartment to the battery driver side.
Finally through a small hole at the base of the a pillar driver side and into the cab.

Zmann likes this.

2001 F350|4x4|ZF 6
4”MBRP|Muffler Delete|TW Tunes|S&B Intake|IH Bellowed UpPipes|ZooDad Mod|WW2|RRFRx|RRHPx|DS Turbomaster|RiffRaffOCR
4 linked 8" King Coilovers|Dual King Stabilizers|Bilstein 5100|Platinum Edition Leather Seats|35" Toyo MT|20" BMF SOTA|Custom Badges|Harley Headlights|Custom Built TireGate/Bumper|LineX|52" Led Light Bar|

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 06:57 AM
PSN Local

Looks good, and the price is really tempting. How's the light output?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Rubber Neckin

Garage

The light ouput is crazy. The light is a very crisp white light, no yellowing. it has good side output and depth as well, I am very pleased with the setup!
Zmann likes this.

2001 F350|4x4|ZF 6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode