headlight swap - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 99whitetanpsd Send a message via Yahoo to 99whitetanpsd
headlight swap

whould a 05 headlights fit on my early 99 psd

E99 f250 4x4 CC SB (sold)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7.3L powerstroke
292hp 658tq
[email protected] 1/8 mile

06 ram 2500 4x4 qc sb
5.9L 24V cummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deereman4020 View Post
Fuk D-maxes I'll get a cummins before a D-max.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:44 AM
PSN Newb

Re: headlight swap

Yeah but your gonna have to modify your header panel and get a pigtail for the new lights because the plug that goes to your current lights is different from the plug on the back of the 05 headlights. I bought the pigtail from dfuser for like 40 bucks

02 7.3l ,4' turbo back exhaust,intake,aih delete,05 front end conversion,PHP FU chip w/stock,whisper,80DD,100HP,75HP fuel sipper,smoke show,ITP hx line,wicked wheel
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:59 AM
it's an 02 05 08

they will work its just gonna take alot of patient messy cutting of your header panel and some pigtails,IMO they are so worth the work they are brighter and look sweet

2002 ext. cab lwb 4x4 7.3
05 front 08 rear conversion
4in lift,forged rod motor,tunes by tsd,bts trans,6.0 transcooler,6 autometers to watch,studs,springs,push rods,238cc hybrids,itp reg return,stealth hpop,tsd custom fuel system and sump,an so on
6.0's pay the bills and 6.4's soon..

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 04:42 AM
Supercharged

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockrunner86

Here is a pic with one 99 headlight and one 05 style headlight from when I was doing the swap.

99.5 F-350 6-speed Daily Driver/Tow Rig.

Engine - Empire Diesel Performance

Air - Empire Diesel Performance Compounds Procharger Primary / Garrett 38R Secondary

Oil- Swamps Gen-3

Fuel - B-codes
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 99whitetanpsd Send a message via Yahoo to 99whitetanpsd

how long does it take to install and am i going to have to change the grill out as well?

E99 f250 4x4 CC SB (sold)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7.3L powerstroke
292hp 658tq

06 ram 2500 4x4 qc sb
5.9L 24V cummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deereman4020 View Post
Fuk D-maxes I'll get a cummins before a D-max.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 08:31 PM
PSN Veteran

Can you make them fit yes but why would you...They use The H13 which is quite possibly the stupidest design for a bulb ever foisted on the public. The terminals are so small that they overheat, even at stock wattages, and melt the plastic housing of the connectors. Higher than stock wattage bulbs are offered, but not recommended. There are Chinese connectors that are being used to make these kits and no harness will fix the problem of to small of terminals. As of now no USA made plugs are made that I have seen and wouldn't solve the problem anyway.

You can have the best headlight housings made now, '02-04 and the addition of Hellas harness and a set of their 80/100w 4k kelvin bulbs will give you fantastic lighting.

You can also do a fog bulb upgrade..75% as bright as Hids and mod the switch to use them with your high beams.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 04:13 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSWIZ View Post

You can have the best headlight housings made now, '02-04 and the addition of Hellas harness and a set of their 80/100w 4k kelvin bulbs will give you fantastic lighting.

You can also do a fog bulb upgrade..75% as bright as Hids and mod the switch to use them with your high beams.
OBSWIZ, are you referreing to the stock OEM '02-04 headlights, or aftermarket headlights? I've looked on ebay at compatible lights, and wonder if any of the aftermarket lights are any good. What headlights do you recommend?

I had thought of going the HID route, but I think it would be more reliable to go the 80/100w route as you suggest.

The fog bulb mod, is that halogen as well?

Dave
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 04:56 PM
PSN Veteran

Stock ones. If you can find the same aftermarket then those.

Fog bulb is a Halogen Infrared Reflecting bulbs. These Toshiba bulbs are a unique product, the only bulbs available that use the research technology that General Electric patented in 2000. It was GE's goal to create a bulb that produced 75% of the light output of HID headlights at 25% of the cost.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Wannabe

Where can you get this bulb for the fogs? Is it too bright to run with in normal traffic?

2001 F250 CrewCab mild mods
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 07:49 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSWIZ View Post
Stock ones. If you can find the same aftermarket then those.
I found some OEM stock headlights for $109.21ea, which compared to the ebay lights is more, but on the other hand they shouldn't need sealing and will last longer.

I'm a little suspicuos of how good the ebay lights really are, paying the extra for the OEM's, would be worth it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode