Radio-Power windows will not work - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Radio-Power windows will not work

I was driving home the other night and my radio and power windows shut off all at once. This has been an intermittent problem for a while. They would shut off for a couple minutes but after driving it it would come back on. The window switches are not illuminated. Now they wont come on at all. I havent had a chance to look at it close, but i checked both the fuses and they were fine. I was maybe thinking a ground? I wont get a chance to work on it til this weekend. Jus wanted some imput. At least it wasnt the headlights!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 01:03 AM
original "REZNECK"

Re: Radio-Power windows will not work

yea check all grounds and also check to see that you have power to the fuses.

twice tottalled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
01 F250 cc 4x4 straight pipe, custom front and rear bumpers, 1 ton rear susp, flatbed, TS Chip, king ranch rims, 315 tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljay
Since when do 7.3's puke coolant like an overfilled hooker on a busy night ?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Where do the window motors ground at?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 02:00 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03lariat7.3 View Post
I was driving home the other night and my radio and power windows shut off all at once. This has been an intermittent problem for a while. They would shut off for a couple minutes but after driving it it would come back on. The window switches are not illuminated. Now they wont come on at all. I havent had a chance to look at it close, but i checked both the fuses and they were fine. I was maybe thinking a ground? I wont get a chance to work on it til this weekend. Jus wanted some imput. At least it wasnt the headlights!!
I did a short search on your truck, seems that you might have a fuse blown, i know i know.... might as well double check them under the dash and under the hood.

Heres what i can tell you. Check for continuity with your digital meter, and if that doesnt work, check for power on both sides of the fuse. Ive seen fuse SPLIT and when you check them they seem to have continuity with your meter cause your shove it in hard enough.

DO BOTH TESTS.

I checked and it shows the interior lights are tied in also with that circuit, you might do as i suggested, check for power on both sides of the fuse, if you dont have it, the fuse might be split not blown.

Hope this helps, seems like we both need a set of schematics

BW
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Lol Ya thanks i will try that
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 08:52 PM
PSN Newb

See my thread in Excursions "Generic module", Same problem but still intermttant

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode