Problem with Guardian sunroof - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Problem with Guardian sunroof

Anyone got one? I know what the ASC button does. I don't know what it stands for, but I know what it's function is. That being said....When the batts are disconnected that light flashes back and forth between red/green nonstop. When it is like this it doesn't work right. I have to hold the button down for the function I want it to do.

This has happened before, and it usually just goes back to normal after a few days or so. This time it has been about two weeks, and it is still like this. I don't know how to fix it and get it back to normal.

Anyone deal with this before and know how to fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 07:10 PM
PSN Mega Miler

Re: Problem with Guardian sunroof

The ASC button should toggle between green and red each time you push it. When it is green the sunroof should close automatically when the ignition is turned off. When red, the sunroof will remain open when the vehicle is turned off.

It is also used to program how far the panel will open when the 'open' button is pressed.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 07:19 PM
PSN Mega Miler

I cant find anything on the flashing lights but most stuff like that flashes for errors so Im guessing its showing an error when it does that. Might try putting some kind of grease on the tracks to see if that helps it move easier. Might stop the errors from showing up if its binding up.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowz View Post
The ASC button should toggle between green and red each time you push it. When it is green the sunroof should close automatically when the ignition is turned off. When red, the sunroof will remain open when the vehicle is turned off.

It is also used to program how far the panel will open when the 'open' button is pressed.
Yeah I know what it does. When it works it works great. Just not when it flashes. It's strange that it usually clears up within a day or so, and this time it's been a lot longer.

I think i'll take a look and see if I can grease the tracks or make sure everything is tight and in it's place up there. Sometimes two of the torx bolts back out from being used over and over. I just remembered that now as I am typing. I'll check them too, theycould be causing the error.

Thanks man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode