Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Clear Headlights

5K views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  OOStroker 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just ordered some clear headlights,corners off of ebay and I am quite excited. I have been looking at these forever and just have never pulled the trigger. Got em' for 150 shipped to my door, so we shall see. Gotta love giving the old girl a little facelift! Later

Reuben

#2 ·
you will like them, they made my truck look about 10 years newer;)

#4 ·
Eventually one day, but I have my other funds ready for an 1"RSK!! So hurry up!:poke:LOL

Reuben

#6 ·
Yep sure thing! The truck is getting a make over this winter. New paint is gonna happen too. How did you hearing go BTW?

Reuben

#9 ·
Ahaha this had to become public :doh: Lol I had an unfortunate run in with the sneaky sneaky Excise Police at Scheids.. Sat night at our hotel, the Drury Inn. Charge- Posession and consumption of Alcoholic bev.
Nothin big but enough to set me back... that was my Scan Guage funding, :mad:

#11 ·
Yeah and I saved caylons a$$ from getting one too!!

#16 ·
yes u did! them suckers were sneaky

Yeaahhh I wasnt aware he was capable of A. moving that fast or B. Dissapearing out of no where!!
By the way sorry to completely derail your thread hahah.
dustin im secretly a ninja

Haha that was funny except for the part that he freakin' put his open container in my truck right in front of them!!:doh:
cops make me extremely uneasy therfore panic set in but im sneaky as hell lol i mean i walked with in 5 feet of them before leavin and they didnt notice me plus it was less obvious then hummin the bottle to the chevron

:hehe: Sounds like em. Lol surprisingly he hasnt chimed in yet. Surely he'll have somethin to add :poke:
i have a lot to add lmao

yeah me too, he has looked at it. He probably is speechless b/c he knows everything said is true!LOL
actually im laughin my a$$ off. and yes its all true lol but my paranora of police and ninja capabilites kept me from havin to drive 5 hours to sit with dustin in court hahaha

#13 ·
Haha that was funny except for the part that he freakin' put his open container in my truck right in front of them!!:doh:

#15 ·
yeah me too, he has looked at it. He probably is speechless b/c he knows everything said is true!LOL

#18 ·
Hey guys trying to find new aftermarket headlights for my 97 250 hd 4x4 i have looked everywhere and all i can find is stock crap I would like some cool a$$ looking lights any input.... oh and its the old square body style i guess there was a newer body style that came out in late 97. but mines the old one

#19 ·
Have you checked out Ebay?? Search the motors section under car parts an accessories. Try searchin 92-96 bronco headlights, clear or there are smoked lights. Bronco, f150/f250/f350 are all the same thru 97..

Caylon as for you... :flipa: I didnt have to go back.. they rescheduled and sent me a neat little packet informing me I owe them money.. Awesome.

#26 ·
NO i haven't yet!!:mad::mad:

#27 ·
Got them in today!! Gonna install hopefully tomorrow night!! Pics will be soon.

Reuben

#28 ·
Ok, so what is the trick to getting the headlights out? I have the corners and turn signals in but, don't see how to get the stupid headlights out??? Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Reuben

#29 ·
Older F Series .net

Follow the link, and your golden!

I suggest registering at that site if you have an OBS, its a nice little community :)

But if your to lazy to register...

First off. Place a peice of cardboard, or something you can mark on about 20-25 feet infront of the truck, and mark where your headlights are shining onto it, for reference later.

Now, onto the fun!

Open the hood, and using the Phillips screwdriver, remove the (4) screws ontop of the grille, and one in the center bottom of the grille, lift up and out to remove, set aside.

Next order of business, is to remove the two screws ontop of each headlight bucket, above the headlight. Now on the backside of the headlights and signal lights, between the battery, and core support are two 11mm nuts that need to be removed. They are on the backside of the turn signal light, under the headlight.

One hole is to the right side of the bulb opening (as shown above), and the other hole is in the corner to the left, they are a little tight to get to, and if need be, you can remove the battery to get better access to the holes, using a 5/16" socket.

After removing the two 11mm nuts, and two screws, the bucket will remove with the marker light, and turn signal attached. Becareful removing them, the bulb wires are sometimes short, and can be easily ripped out. Repeat on other side.

Now we will be changing the marker and signal lights. Using an 11mm socket and 3/8"ratchet remove the bolts shown here.

This will remove the marker light from the bucket, reinstall the new one the same way with the metal bracket in the same place.

Now remove the three phillips screws from the turn signal light, they are shown here.

Removing these screws will remove the turn signal light from the headlight bucket, reinstall the new light with the same screws.

Next we will be removing the header panel, with headlights attached. Unplug the headlight bulbs from the truck, and if memory serves me right, there are 11-12 5/16" bolts that need to be removed to remove the header panel. I have taken photo's to show them.

After removing all the bolts, place a few towels down to protect your factory lights, and place the header panel face down on the towels.

You should now have your truck looking like this...

Back to the header panel, using an awl, or pick and flat head screwdriver, pry the clips holding the headlight adjusters in place off, be gentile, as you will be reusing these clips!

Take your new headlights, compare the old headlight adjusters to your new headlights adjusters and try to get them close, then, using the old clips, install the new lights into the headerpanel. Next put the headerpanel back onto the truck.

Make sure all your wires are not pinched, and that they are all in the right locations, and change the clear bulbs to the amber bulbs. (I took this opportunity, and replaced them all, the marker lights can be VERY hard to change once installed) Now you can take your headlight bucket, with newly installed lights, and place it back on the truck using your old hardware, reinstall the grille, and your almost done!

#30 ·
Thanks for the post!! Got them installed tonight in about an hour! Not i just have to get the lights aligned a little better:doh: I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Reuben

#32 · (Edited)
Here's some pics! Not very good but ya get the point!

Reuben

#36 ·
Thanks guys!! Getting the old turd a bit more shiny!LOL

Reuben

#38 ·
Yep I think I am gonna get some 03-09 dodge clear lights that were posted in another thread. I will put them on when I get the painted this winter! Reuben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.