Go Light - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Go Light

Anyone here running a go light on their truck or ever ran one on a previous vehicle?
I've been looking into getting one.
The model I'm looking at is the go light 2051. They're about $300 after shipping.
Anyone ever used this model?
I like this option over a light bar because it turns and tilts.
Thoughts?

2004 F250 6.0 Lariat
8" Procomp Lift
Fuel Hostage 18x12
37" Mickey Thompson MT
Straight Piped
JVC/Alpine
RCD
SCT/QuickTricks
Rhino-Lined Ranch Hand

"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: Go Light

No one?

2004 F250 6.0 Lariat
8" Procomp Lift
Fuel Hostage 18x12
37" Mickey Thompson MT
Straight Piped
JVC/Alpine
RCD
SCT/QuickTricks
Rhino-Lined Ranch Hand

"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people."
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 11:25 PM
PSN Veteran

Never heard of it

02 f250

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 11:48 PM
BigRed02

Nawsir me either

2000 F350 CCLB 4x4 7.3L, 4R100, 6637, 4" MBRP turbo back
2000 F250 Red 4x4 Ext. Cab, 7.3L DI, ZF-6
2005 Ranger Dark Gray, FX4, 4 dr, 4.0 SOHC, 5r55e
2015 Ford Transit 3500, Dark Gray, HR EX, 3.5L ecoboost, 6 speed select shift
2011 Edge Limited Black, 3.5L
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 03:48 AM
AK1
PSN Local

Garage

I'd never heard of it. Had to google it.
We run 50% of the year in the (pretty much) dark, many vehicles run some sort of aftermarket light. I watch what the big rigs are running as they depend on the dang things to save them from moose. Most have been running Lightforce, as do I. Now with the new LED tech some of them supplement with a light bar or two or round/square LED. I've not had the chance to run a light bar but have followed many vehicles with them. My thoughts are: + beam spread (but a lot wasted), - distance beam. Some have dual beams but not sure how they stack up with the large spot beam lightforce (my 240's reflect over a mile down the road.)
These Go Lights seem to be more of a pencil beam or spot but not sure the mount is rigid enough to keep them pointed where you wanted, unless you want to move them a lot. If you plan to use them as driving lights I'd think some of the round/square LED lights would work better.
My $.02

'00 Excursion Limited w/170k (rebuilt), 4X, V/B codes, 35" Toyo, 4" intake/exhaust, WW, TW, Isspro, FF Stage 1, T500- mix of '00/'05/'08/'12/'14 parts
SOLD: '00 F350 CC, '95 F350 CC, 2X '83 F250 6.9's.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
I'd never heard of it. Had to google it.
We run 50% of the year in the (pretty much) dark, many vehicles run some sort of aftermarket light. I watch what the big rigs are running as they depend on the dang things to save them from moose. Most have been running Lightforce, as do I. Now with the new LED tech some of them supplement with a light bar or two or round/square LED. I've not had the chance to run a light bar but have followed many vehicles with them. My thoughts are: + beam spread (but a lot wasted), - distance beam. Some have dual beams but not sure how they stack up with the large spot beam lightforce (my 240's reflect over a mile down the road.)
These Go Lights seem to be more of a pencil beam or spot but not sure the mount is rigid enough to keep them pointed where you wanted, unless you want to move them a lot. If you plan to use them as driving lights I'd think some of the round/square LED lights would work better.
My $.02
Thanks for the response.
I'm surprised yall have never heard of them.. I thought they were a pretty big brand? Maybe not.
Yeah, the go light is more of a spotlight. That's what I'm looking for and why I think I've chosen one of these over a light bar. I also like the capability of using a remote to control the light. With a light bar the light only points in the direction the truck is facing.

2004 F250 6.0 Lariat
8" Procomp Lift
Fuel Hostage 18x12
37" Mickey Thompson MT
Straight Piped
JVC/Alpine
RCD
SCT/QuickTricks
Rhino-Lined Ranch Hand

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 02:34 AM
PSN Veteran

Actually I have a go light, don't remember what model it is but it works well. I don't leave it on while I am moving much mostly use it for loading trailer at night. Super bright and the remote control is awesome. When your working around a vehicle it's real nice to be able to move your beam.

08f450pstroke from KY
08 F-450 King Ranch, 4x4 auto, Spartan tuned 300, DPF/EGR delete, CCV mod, S&B Intake and a few other things.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 06:26 AM
PSN Local

They are great lights. I work for a power line contractor and we use them on our foreman and line trucks. They're great as when at the top of the pole you can get the light right where you want it with the remote. Great quality stuff especially if u want to move the light at all. It's not as bright as a 50" light bar but much more useful unless your racing in the desert.

CC SB King Ranch BP'd 5.9 6spd +blah blah blah

Excursion BP'd 6.0 6spd +blah blah blah

CC LB Larryhat 6fo almost to the 1/2 million mile club

CC Larryhat F150

Dodge Pwagon

Lots O toys..
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Alright guys, the light came in. I permanently mounted it to the top of my truck using self tapping screws. Very simple, took a few minutes. It hasn't moved a bit and i've driven about 100 miles on it so far.
The light itself is awesome. The spotlight brightness exceeded my expectations. It's got good range. It's bright enough to where if you shine it up in the sky you can see the massive beam. Going to be good in the fields at night.

The only complaint I have is that the remote control is slightly difficult to get good accuracy with.. but hey for the price I paid I can't complain a bit. Looks good on the top of the truck too. I'll attach a pic.

2004 F250 6.0 Lariat
8" Procomp Lift
Fuel Hostage 18x12
37" Mickey Thompson MT
Straight Piped
JVC/Alpine
RCD
SCT/QuickTricks
Rhino-Lined Ranch Hand

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Here's the picture link

View image: image

2004 F250 6.0 Lariat
8" Procomp Lift
Fuel Hostage 18x12
37" Mickey Thompson MT
Straight Piped
JVC/Alpine
RCD
SCT/QuickTricks
Rhino-Lined Ranch Hand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode