Fog lights - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Fog lights

I would like to install fact fog lights on my early 99. What will it take? I want a fact install, not a toggle switch affair. Thanks for any info.

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Super Hauler!

Re: Fog lights

lights, mounts, wire and a fog light switch that you pull out to turn the lights on. pretty easy!

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks, are these available in the salvage yards or does places like LMC truck have them?

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 03:56 AM
Super Hauler!

lmc has everything but it will cost ya, i would look on internet and salvage yards see what you can find. Ebay is where i find all my junk

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 12:18 PM
JDG's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to 99F250Smitty

I don't know about the switch, but the lights can be found pretty cheap online... 2001 Ford F-250 Driving Fog Lights Pair - AM Autoparts

On my 99 the holes are already in the bumper and tapped, was an easy install. I just wired mine to a toggle switch though.

Brian

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 12:24 PM
<---Peggy Sue

is there a way to make the factory fog lights on an 01 come on with out having the headlights on with all factory switches?

e99 f350cclb lariat 4x4 zf6 ranchhands
leveled
4" dp 5" straight pipe
ccv mod
cai
Rosewood 180/100 single shots
Terminator t500 hpop
Garrett 38r with all the late 99 goodies
Currently

79 bronco 400m c6 8" lift 5.13s welded rear Detroit locker up front 38.5" tsls for the trail 35" bogger/buckshots for the mud bogs
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99F250Smitty View Post
I don't know about the switch, but the lights can be found pretty cheap online... 2001 Ford F-250 Driving Fog Lights Pair - AM Autoparts

On my 99 the holes are already in the bumper and tapped, was an easy install. I just wired mine to a toggle switch though.
Thanks for the link. Not a bad price. With the fact switch do the headlights need to be on or what??

Glen
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 07:30 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT

They way I wired up my fog lights when I had them, I took and ran a trigger wire from the parking lights. Ran the trigger to a relay, and wire up the relay to turn them on. Worked well for me.

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks guys!!

Glen
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 AM
PSN Veteran

Did you get this to work? Because on 99-00 trucks a fact switch (01 up) for foglights wont plug-in to that harness. Also 01 up the relay is hard wired into the main harness behind the glove box. My truck is a 00 and i have looked into this. I have all the stuff foglights, switch, mounts etc. It looked like I was goin to have to pull the pins out of my harness and change plugs and then iirc the yellow wire on the other switch sends current out when you pull it. And I was goin to go from there. But I would love to know an easier way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode