Having major Retro HID problems!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
BLCKOUT

Send a message via AIM to bigcountry250
Having major Retro HID problems!!

Ok so already had problems before with a burned out bulb and after who knows how long I finally got a new set.

Now both headlights are taking turns not workins, last night it was the left, tonight it is the right. Sometimes they both work just fine.

I think the problem lies in the GOS harness, bc I have the GOS harness to convert to the newer style, then the HID harness as well. I had problems with the GOS harness before.

Question is is there a way to take the GOS harness completely out and and cut the connectors off my factory harnes and hardwire it to the HID harness?
I have been dealing with this for a while now and it is getting reallly really old. Funny that my $50 ebay HID fogs are working better than the "name brand" headlights

2011 CC SB 6.7L Powerstroke

BLACKOUT.... gone but never forgotten!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 02:55 AM
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to BMac Send a message via MSN to BMac Send a message via Skype™ to BMac
Re: Having major Retro HID problems!!

You can either cut off both plugs and hardwire them to your factory harness, or build your own relay harness to draw clean power from the batts.

Myself I cut the plugs, used two relays and made my own harness

People Fly Airplanes, Pilot's Fly Helicopters

2002 F350 Extended Cab Shortbed
1977 Early Bronco
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 03:58 AM
PSN Mega Miler

Yep you can cut them. Easier just to call retro and have them mail you the right harness adapters. They are cheap and will work great.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 04:32 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT

I have been having problems with my adapter harness, I forgot where I ordered it from. Multiple times, I have had to bang on the lights to get them to turn on, or to get them to "brighten" up. I am getting rid of the adapter harness, and all the BS and just go HID's. Maybe by winter.

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 05:43 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountry250 View Post
Ok so already had problems before with a burned out bulb and after who knows how long I finally got a new set.

Now both headlights are taking turns not workins, last night it was the left, tonight it is the right. Sometimes they both work just fine.

I think the problem lies in the GOS harness, bc I have the GOS harness to convert to the newer style, then the HID harness as well. I had problems with the GOS harness before.

Question is is there a way to take the GOS harness completely out and and cut the connectors off my factory harnes and hardwire it to the HID harness?
I have been dealing with this for a while now and it is getting reallly really old. Funny that my $50 ebay HID fogs are working better than the "name brand" headlights
that hid kit sucks i had nothing but problems with mine

2008 F-250 FX4 cc,4x4

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 07:42 AM
PSN Mega Miler

The retro solutions kit sucks?
Not.

Installed mine waaaaaay back and it hasnt given a single problem at all.

Will be ordering 2 more kits in the last part of november or early december.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
BLCKOUT

Does anyone have a quick wiring diagram on how to cut both plugs and hard wire them? Thats what I wanna do so there are no plugs at all.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
BLCKOUT

Ok got it all fixed, just got out my VOM and did some voltage reading and just matched wires up. Taking out that GOS harness cleared everything up.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 12:17 AM
PSN Mega Miler

Cool

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
BLCKOUT

Well I spoke to freakin soon, got in the truck tonight and left headlight was out!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!! Then it majically came on ridin down the road. I am pullin the whole kit out tomorrow and sending it back for a full phucking refund and buying another $50 ebay special for the headlights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode