Looking for the accessory wire from ignition? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Looking for the accessory wire from ignition?

Does anyone know which wire/color of the accessory wire from the ignition switch? I have a relay I need to power off of the accessory side of the ignition , it`s to my new dvd stereo? Thanks for any help!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY 2002 f250 4x4 larait crew cab short bed. 12.5" Icon lift w/ OneUpOffroad 5" traction bar block system. Mickey thompso 38X15.50R18 tires on Weld Dune 8 18x10 wheels. Custom pearl silver &purple flame paint, MBRP 4" T-304 SS cool dual exhaust w/ custom made T-304SS flame tips, AFE stage 2intake. Way More!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:13 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Looking for the accessory wire from ignition?

theres a yellow and red one under the dash going into a plug thats not plugged into anything that i get the power from for my guages,

02 f-250 xlt with leather, BTS trans. dp-tunes, afe. 40" bfg km2 on some 20's. and a bunch of other stuff that doesent make it any faster.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I`m needing the accessory wire the is powered when you turn the key backwards. I have a kenwood dvd headunit I`m hooking up and I bought a relay off ebay the you wire into the accessory wire not the ignition or battery to fol the dvd into playing when the truck is moving.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY 2002 f250 4x4 larait crew cab short bed. 12.5" Icon lift w/ OneUpOffroad 5" traction bar block system. Mickey thompso 38X15.50R18 tires on Weld Dune 8 18x10 wheels. Custom pearl silver &purple flame paint, MBRP 4" T-304 SS cool dual exhaust w/ custom made T-304SS flame tips, AFE stage 2intake. Way More!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 PM
6.0beau

find the wiring harness going into the steering column and use a test light or a voltmeter and test the wires. i believe it is yellow.

2006 f250 XL Single Cab 2wd-- BLOWN UP AND GONE
SCT Livewire w/ Matt"s Tunes
4 inch straight pipe
AFE stage 2 intake
Zoodad Mod

2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4
4 inch Magnaflow
SCT SF3

1994 F350 CCLB 4x4--SOLD
TS 6 Pos chip
4 inch straight pipe
S&B intake
6" Superlift
37x12.50 BFG Mud Terrains

2012 F-350 FX4 XL
Stock
Free
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:11 AM
PSN's resident Blue Man

For the accessory position, you've got three choices at the ignition switch:

Grey/yellow stripe,
Red/Black stripe,
Blue/Lt. Green stripe.

Any one of those will work for you. I'm going off your sig that you've got a 2002, right? The wire location and colors change from time to time, let me know if you have a different model year.

Bruce

Early '99, 4X4, CC, SB, Fire Engine Red
-JNB Fuel System, Sinister Overboost, C2 gauges, AFE Stage II w/ "JAT99" Intake Pipe, CCV Bypass, 3.5 dp to 4" exhaust.
-BTS Trans and Converter
-WOP QSSB Turbo
-Terminator HPOS
-DP F5 w/ 60Tow, 80Econ, 120Race, 140Extreme, High Idle, Upgraded to PMT PCM - Live tuned

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in