Recon lights - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Barnbuilder
Recon lights

Anyone using the lights for the side mirror? I have a broken one on the DS and was thinking of replacing it with the smoked ones. How is the fit? Are there gaps?

Also, will the Dodge clearance lights work with the Ford harness? I thought they were nicer than the big Ford lights.

1999 F350 CC XLT 4x4 6spd
2006 F350 CC KR 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Proud Sponsor

Re: Recon lights

fit isn't perfect, I had to use a small bead of silicone to keep mine from whistling at highway speeds. With that said, I still love them and will take them any day over stock, here is a picture of mine:

Adam Brannan
Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 03:13 AM
PSN Veteran

yep!!!!!!!and are a bitch to install..

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 PM
PursuitInterceptor

For the cost you would expect a better fitting product. The one's I saw installed looked like junk.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:49 AM
PSN Veteran

I had them on my 06 mirrors, LOVED them! but now i have 08 mirrors, when i get the money, some Recon Smoked lenses are gonna go on there.

06 F250 Lariat CC SB FX4 6.0, EGR Delete by FCDP , 58v FICM by Quick Tricks, Autometer Gauges (Boost, Pyrometer, Trans. Temp), SCT X3 W/ IDT, 4" TB Straight Pipe, S&B CAI, ZOODAD, Retro-Solutions HID Kit (4300k), CCV Mod, Coolant Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
no reason to get butt hurt like someone shoved a lamp up ur butticusrumpus or somthin
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

No one tried the Recon dodge clearance lights? I would like to put them on my '06 that doesn't have any. Yea, I would like to put the '08 mirrors on the '99. Need to get it running good before I spend money on something like that tho. If I don't get it running soon I'm going to unload it.

2006 F350 CC KR 4x4
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Raul@stealth-automotive

the dodge clearance lights will fit... on a new install.... they are a 1 piece unit with LED's.. the ford ones have replacement lenses... unless you get the kit that is meant for a new install...

if your looking for prices were running a sale on all Recon stuff right now

-Raul

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Do I need a Ford wiring harness?

2006 F350 CC KR 4x4
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 03:06 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnbuilder View Post
Do I need a Ford wiring harness?
You shouldn't, it should just be a simple 12v+ and a ground. I believe the harness is there on all the trucks to the passenger side kick panel.

I did the recon replacement cab lights on my truck that already had them, now I have smoked lenses with LED lights and I just spliced the recon harness into the 2 wires for the factory harness. I did this up at the windshield though and not down in the kick, but it should be essentially the same.

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Raul@stealth-automotive

only thing that concerns me is the Dodge ones are longer... the whole will not match up to the factory ford ones.... they are also a lil tiny bit more narrow... if your ok with drilling new wholes to mount the dodge ones then you can prob make it work...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode