Batteries ? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

Batteries ?

Tired of messing with Interstate. Looks like I have one or more weak batteries again. What is a good reasonably priced battery with a no hassle warranty? Thinking Walmart or Oreilly. Think I've lost faith in Interstate and am not sure you get what you pay for......

Guess it could be the truck sat for so long that they went bad not having a constant charge like they would If the truck was running.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
28 cent #2

Re: Batteries ?

Titanium from Advanced Auto. It is the only think I will speak good of from them. Had them in my F-150 and no my 250 never a problem. Something does go wrong go back in with the reciept and they will give you another...
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 07:02 PM
PSN Mega Miler

Im running on one optima red top in mine and its cranking fine. Fixing to add another one to it as I had to pull the last normal battery from it shorting and turning itself into a 5 volt battery. Even with it trying to kill the optima it still was cranking even with it in there.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post
Tired of messing with Interstate. Looks like I have one or more weak batteries again. What is a good reasonably priced battery with a no hassle warranty? Thinking Walmart or Oreilly. Think I've lost faith in Interstate and am not sure you get what you pay for......

Guess it could be the truck sat for so long that they went bad not having a constant charge like they would If the truck was running.
Buy a pair of Die Hard Platinums. If you like them I might buy a pair for myself. My batteries are almost 5 years old.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 07:17 PM
PSN nerd

autozone duralast gold's have been real good for me and there warranty is real good

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 07:23 PM
The Sound Of Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl4412 View Post
Titanium from Advanced Auto. It is the only think I will speak good of from them. Had them in my F-150 and no my 250 never a problem. Something does go wrong go back in with the reciept and they will give you another...
i've got 2 years on my titaniums, and there great, no problems starting in winter when its -20!

L99 SCSB 7.3 4x4 AEM intake, 5" straight pipe, 6pos Gearhead chip, Autometer gauges, Firestone bags, ATD Built tranny, Smoked lights, 15% tint, WW, Mr. Bobs boots & hoses, Leveled, Moto Metals
'02 F-250 RCLB 5.4 XL Plow truck
05 F-250 SCSB 6.0 XLT Plow truck

Remember kids, chrome wont get you home
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 07:57 PM
PSN Veteran

I got the O'Riley's and lovem, The Autozones are made in Mexico and
the O'Riley's made in USA, Good luck,

2001 SD 2 wheel drive
DP tuned by Scott @ TNT of CC
ITP Regulated Return/ in tank & prepump mods: When Only the BEST will do!
Tank has been harpooned
Gages: Boost and Pressure
on the post & 4" S/S turbo Back by Aljay.
Rancho's all around
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Everybody poops <~ see?

Send a message via MSN to dennisr_f350

I use a pair of Optima's, red tops, and never had a problem. I've even left it unplugged overnight, in -40*F, started like it was new. I've warranteed one of them, got a replacement over the counter.

F350 SuperDuty
Some air
Some fuel
Some grip
Some guages
The usual suspects.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:55 PM
6.0 money pit

red tops here no problems even after it sat for 3 weeks and than changed injectors.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 09:07 PM
OBS junkie

The thing I like best about my red top is I never have to clean it. Over 3 years old & 4 trucks later it's still working great.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode