What magnet mount for CB antenna - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Back to Civilian Life!!

What magnet mount for CB antenna

I have a wilson 2000 antenna and its mounted on the roof but the mount is old and has some rust on it now. I need a new mount and I am just wondering what I should use. I like the look and how good I can get out with a roof mount so I want to keep it like that I am just not sure what mount to get. I do not want to drill a hole in my roof and mount it like that I just want a magnet mount that will keep my SWRs down and let me get out like I use to.

2003 F-250 4x4 7.3 liter PSD EXT. cab SB. Wilson 2000 antenna, Uniden PC78 peaked and tuned with a connex 250 Linear Amp.
MODS: BTS Tranny, DIY Tymar, Hypermax 3.5 DP to 5" back, TW tunes, DI's GT38R BB turbo, autometer boost, pyro, trans, water temp a Scangauge and Firestone rear air bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Back to Civilian Life!!

Re: What magnet mount for CB antenna

Anybody

2003 F-250 4x4 7.3 liter PSD EXT. cab SB. Wilson 2000 antenna, Uniden PC78 peaked and tuned with a connex 250 Linear Amp.
MODS: BTS Tranny, DIY Tymar, Hypermax 3.5 DP to 5" back, TW tunes, DI's GT38R BB turbo, autometer boost, pyro, trans, water temp a Scangauge and Firestone rear air bags.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 10:25 PM
I know nothing...

I've been using a CB since the 8th grade and still spend to much time on 1 today. In my experiance mag mounts are only good for F'ing-up paint and blowing off. Get a solid grounded mount, mine is in the front bed-rail center where it is hard to steal and dosen't get in the way! It also dosen't get jacked-up when pulling out of The Sonic!

Doesn't roll with anyone or tag along to be cool...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Custom Trailer Sales

I've had good luck with mine bolted to my mirror.
A couple buddy's of mine have the magnetic roof mounts and they always get knocked around. Can't really point you in a direction for a megnetic one though.

1999.5 F350 PSD CC Dually 05' Conversion
Stage I's - Gearhead Tuning - BTS - PCS
F550 rear suspension

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Back to Civilian Life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800joedaddy View Post
I've been using a CB since the 8th grade and still spend to much time on 1 today. In my experiance mag mounts are only good for F'ing-up paint and blowing off. Get a solid grounded mount, mine is in the front bed-rail center where it is hard to steal and dosen't get in the way! It also dosen't get jacked-up when pulling out of The Sonic!
So its pretty much right up against the rear window? I was thinking about mounting it there or on the side bed rail in the stake pocket or a solid mount on the side. My question is though does the antenna get out good if its mounted lower down like that? I'm about to add a connex 2500 250 watt amp onto my uniden once I send it out next week to get it set-up with the right dead key wattage to run it. Just any tips on what hardware, coax, and where to get it would be awesome.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Starting Over

I have had a magnet mount.Ran a 500 Texas star with a I think 6 foot whip.It held fine going down the road drag racing all that but car washes hay bails anything that got ahold of it would rip it off.It fell off so much that the coaxial finally broke at the base and I never fixed it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 02:02 AM
I know nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILFORD View Post
So its pretty much right up against the rear window? I was thinking about mounting it there or on the side bed rail in the stake pocket or a solid mount on the side. My question is though does the antenna get out good if its mounted lower down like that? I'm about to add a connex 2500 250 watt amp onto my uniden once I send it out next week to get it set-up with the right dead key wattage to run it. Just any tips on what hardware, coax, and where to get it would be awesome.
I have a galaxy 77 w/250 high so I'm in the 200 dead key range and 360 W/Open. Don't/haven't had trouble in the 5 years it's been there. Yes it is close to the window but it doesn't make conact and the whip is only 2ft above the cab. I use the clear coax and the only things I've had to change are the ant lead from the radio (from running the high drive) and the coax every 8 mos to a year. People don't realise that the coax is like engine oil, it's needs to be changed regularly.

Doesn't roll with anyone or tag along to be cool...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Back to Civilian Life!!

I was told to send it to this place rolling radios. Got the guys info off of CBradioforum.com Everybody on there said this guy is a god with unidens and knows the ins and outs of them like nobody else. He told me that he will tune the radio to the amp so I am looking forward to this. What mount did you use for the antenna? do you have any pics of it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode