hid headlights and fogs - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

hid headlights and fogs

Installed hids in headlights now fogs wont work. Key on, on low beam, reversed polarity, etc. Fogs run straight off factory harness. I can plug hids in they work fine hi an low. Put hids in fogs nothing. Put factory bulb in fog nothing. If i take the hids off the headlights an put the factory headlight bulb back in the fogs work. Which is telling me no fuse blown or relay bad. I know the hid ballasts are good. I know the bulbs are good. The only thing a hid dealer has been able to tell me try is put a relay harness on the fogs also but my thought is im not even getting power to the fogs once the hid headlights are plugged in so would relay on fogs work?

Oh yeah also tried the fog light mod. Didnt work with hids made headlights only work on low so that was a bust also. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Luddite in Charge

Re: hid headlights and fogs

Do you do a similar mod as for the F-150 on our SuperDuty's? If so, which solenoid is it in the fuse panel, and which panel... I'd assume the one in the passenger footwell?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 12:43 AM
PSN Local

I think the truck needs to be running for the fogs to work.
Try that first.

Andy 2007 4X4 F350,6.0 PSD, Lariat, CC, DRW, 9' Knapheide body, stainless steel ladder rack, SCT with custom tunes, Banks turbo back, ARP's, ITP RR, Airdog II, Powermax with Billet Wheel, Firestone air bags, Autometer gauges( pyro,fuel pres,water temp,boost,trans temp), CCV mod.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 02:45 AM
csp
PSN Veteran

HID bulbs only without a true projector housing?

I hope not...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode