Ford Gold Alarm - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ford Gold Alarm

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this or not, but i'll give it a shot.

I installed the Ford Gold series alarm/remote start on my truck last year shortly after I bought it. Soldered all connections that I could and tried to make it a very professional install for reliability. All has worked great until last week. I noticed that my remote didn't work. I kinda blew it off and figured the battery had died. Tried it again later in the day and it worked. I ordered a couple of new remote batteries from amazon (much cheaper than local). Installed the new battery and all seemed good, for 2 days, then it quit again. Tested the battery and it shows good. So, I start digging around to see if something came loose. Everything seems to work, except the remote. As I am digging around, and pressing the button randomly to see if I hit a loose wire and it worked!!! But only a couple of times, nothing the rest.

Long story short, if I UNPLUG the antenna from the control box, the remotes and everything work, but only within about 6 feet of the control box, which I would expect. BUT, when I plug in the antenna, it stops working, even if I hold the remote up against the control box. I started wondering if the wire had been pinched and shorted, but after testing, tracing, etc, all checked out. When I got to work this morning, all was working again. I'm wondering if it's picking up some sort of interference? Any ideas?

2008 F-250
Mini-Max HD300 tune
DPF/CAT hollowed out
EGR & coolers removed
Airaid filter, modified air box
Many more mods and LOTS of smiles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: Ford Gold Alarm

Well, I have narrowed it down to interference. Everything still works great when I'm not around home, but also my wifes Fusion with the factory remote start doesn't work either. The car uses buttons on the key for locking and unlocking, but has a separate little fob with a single button for remote start. The lock/unlock works, but the remote start fails to work while at home also. Both of these quit at the same time, and both only while at home.

I live in a neighborhood where everyone has at least 1 acre, so it's pretty open and the nearest house (other than mine) is about 50 yards away from where I normally park the truck. And the second nearest is over 100 yards away. I haven't driven around the neighborhood to narrow it down yet, but I know that I haven't added any electronics lately that would cause an issue. I just find it odd that it is killing both vehicles, no matter where on my acre they are parked.

Anyone have any idea what frequency these remote starts/alarms run on?

2008 F-250
Mini-Max HD300 tune
DPF/CAT hollowed out
EGR & coolers removed
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: Ford Gold Alarm

Well after much research I found out that the remotes run around 433mhz, and guess what else runs at 433.92mhz? My outdoor temp transmitter for my clock. It's one of those that reads indoor and outdoor temps by using a remote sensor. And you guessed it, I removed the batteries from that transmitter and my remote started working for the truck and for the car. Re-installed the batteries and everything still works. I had noticed that I lost my outdoor temperature about a month ago, thinking I needed batteries, I replaced them just about the time the remotes quit. I'm not sure what the deal was, but it also was killing my wireless security camera in my shop, and making a weak Wi-Fi connection for my shop computer, both approximately 100ft from the house. So, it was messing with Wi-Fi and both remotes. What a pain!

2008 F-250
Mini-Max HD300 tune
DPF/CAT hollowed out
EGR & coolers removed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode