Heater, Fans and Lights Question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Heater, Fans and Lights Question

Hey guys,

So my dad has a '11 F-350 and last year he took it to a shop to wire up a heater and two fans (for the dogs) and fog lights for the rear for backing the boat in the water when its dark.

Well one of the fog lights burned out i guess and i looked underneath and saw the wiring and it looks like a monkey did it. It looks like they took trailer cable wiring? and ran it from underneath the dash (which looks to be connected to a block of wiring underneath the steering wheel) all the way underneath the truck and up through the tailgate into the canopy. To me this seems completely wrong, i assume that some of the wires must connect to the upfitter switches.

Would i be incorrect in thinking that i should get a 10 or so gauge power wire with a smaller relay wire connecting to the upfitter switches and a certain size fuse and then run it back to the back and then splice to fans and heater?

Thanks for the help, i can take pictures if needed to clarify anything

2011 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4x4 CC LB

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 CC SB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode