installing morimoto hid on 2008 f250 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

installing morimoto hid on 2008 f250

Tools needed:
1/4 inch driver
6 inch 1/4 extension
7mm socket
10mm socket
8mm socket
If needed a drill and drill bit to fit bolt that came with ballast hardware

Installing Morimoto (theretrofitsource) H13 bi-xenon hid kit

20140116_092847.jpg

Use the 7mm socket to remove bolts from each headlight housing. There will be four bolts in each headlight assembly. One bolt on top in center,two bolts on side closest to radiator, and one bolt on bottom between bumper and headlight assembly.(this is where extension will come in handy so you don't have to try reaching up behind bumper).Once the bolts are out the assembly will come out with a firm pull, but don't pull to far from truck as not to damage any wiring you are about to unplug.

Attachment 79090

Attachment 79098

Attachment 79106

There will be three plugs on the rear of the light. I will post bulb numbers in case you would like to replace at this time.Top one will be your blinker(3157a),center will be running light(194),bottom will be headlight(H13) which we are replacing with hid.Instead of pulling bulbs out unplug from housing and leave bulbs in assembly. This will help keep moisture out. Unplug from bulbs by pushing in lock pins on connectors and pulling loose. Set housing aside and repeat on other side of vehicle.

Attachment 79178

Remove bulb from packaging while being very careful not to touch glass. Remove factory headlight from housing. Most bulbs will have a lock ring attached to bulb. I removed this and installed it in the headlight first that way I did not have to put force on bulb while trying to install it. They should be a tight fit twisting clockwise into housing and locking in. The kit I purchased came with alcohol wipes to clean bulbs before install. Which is a great way to clean debris off of bulb before installing in housing. Be very gentle in doing this as not to touch the glass. Allow to dry for a few seconds and then install bulb back into lock ring you have already placed in assembly. Repeat for other side of vehicle.

Attachment 79186

Attachment 79194

Attachment 79202

Remove ballast from packaging and install. The ballast will come with hardware to mount them. The ballast need to be mounted firmly so they will not bounce around or fall out of vehicle while driving. I removed batteries and mounted mine to the battery boxes by drilling a hole in each one small enough for the bolt supplied to fit through. There are other places to mount ballast without drilling but i saw this being best way.

Attachment 79218

Attachment 79226

Attachment 79234

Next install the wiring harness. Remove fuse from wiring harness(we will re-install fuse when install is done). The harness will be marked with labels where it should be plugged in at or connected. You will have one main power to control ballast that will connect to positive battery terminal(10mm). Then a ground on same side of harness which I connected to the negative side of the battery(8mm). Then connect (labeled ballast) connector to the ballast making sure connector clicks over notch on ballast. Next run extension of wire to other side of vehicle keeping it away from any moving parts or excessive heat. Connect ground to good ground source or negative battery terminal on opposite side of vehicle(10mm). Connect ballast wire to ballast. Go back to main side and mount the control box to a secure location where none of wires are in a bind.

Attachment 79266

Attachment 79274

Attach adapters to the plugs labeled (projector) on the harness. These are used to swap a xenon hid over to a bi-xenon hid(for hi beam/low beam). Install headlight housing by attaching factory plugs back to assembly. Now connect ballast to hid bulb and harness to small plug on bulb where you just plugged the adapters in. Push headlight back into place making sure you don't pinch any wires. Tighten four bolts back down and repeat on other assembly.

Make sure all your bolts are tight and all wires/connectors are plugged in correctly. Replace fuse into harness and bam! your done. Turn on lights manually and let them heat up to max output. I let mine stay on for a few minutes and then put them on auto and cranked vehicle. Make sure they work properly with vehicle on and off. There is a sticky on here for adjusting your headlights properly. It is a very great write up and will really help you out.

I am very pleased with this product and am very happy I can just pick up the phone in case i ever have a problem. This was a very quick install just because everything was labeled and came with all the hardware. You can't go wrong with this kit and if your reading this because your installing one, congrats. I have purchased (almost all) of the brand name kits and this is by far the best so far. I will definitely buy another for any future vehicles and my wife's truck. I hope i could help.

-2008 F250 CCSB King Ranch
-ATS Stage 2 Trans w/ billet shaft
-ATS Differential cover
-5" exhaust w/6" MBRP TIP
-AFE Stage ll
-H&S Mini Maxx
-FASS Titanium series
-Snow Performance Stage 3
-EDE HD up pipes
-4" down pipe
-No limit intercooler pipes w/elbow
-EDE Full EGR delete
-Rough Country 3" lift w/ 35" toyo
-BMF Novakanes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: installing morimoto hid on 2008 f250

I apologize all of the photos did not work. Maybe its my mac, i don't know. I will try to contact someone on how i can get them to work. I believe I supplied enough information that all the photos aren't needed but if there are any questions I can try to repost photos. Thanks

-ATS Differential cover
-AFE Stage ll
-H&S Mini Maxx
-FASS Titanium series
-EDE HD up pipes
-4" down pipe
-EDE Full EGR delete
-BMF Novakanes
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylormade5343 View Post
Tools needed:
1/4 inch driver
6 inch 1/4 extension
7mm socket
10mm socket
8mm socket
If needed a drill and drill bit to fit bolt that came with ballast hardware

Installing Morimoto ( The Retrofit Source Inc ) H13 bi-xenon hid kit

Attachment 79282

Use the 7mm socket to remove bolts from each headlight housing. There will be four bolts in each headlight assembly. One bolt on top in center,two bolts on side closest to radiator, and one bolt on bottom between bumper and headlight assembly.(this is where extension will come in handy so you don't have to try reaching up behind bumper).Once the bolts are out the assembly will come out with a firm pull, but don't pull to far from truck as not to damage any wiring you are about to unplug.

Attachment 79090

Attachment 79098

Attachment 79106

There will be three plugs on the rear of the light. I will post bulb numbers in case you would like to replace at this time.Top one will be your blinker(3157a),center will be running light(194),bottom will be headlight(H13) which we are replacing with hid.Instead of pulling bulbs out unplug from housing and leave bulbs in assembly. This will help keep moisture out. Unplug from bulbs by pushing in lock pins on connectors and pulling loose. Set housing aside and repeat on other side of vehicle.

Attachment 79178

Remove bulb from packaging while being very careful not to touch glass. Remove factory headlight from housing. Most bulbs will have a lock ring attached to bulb. I removed this and installed it in the headlight first that way I did not have to put force on bulb while trying to install it. They should be a tight fit twisting clockwise into housing and locking in. The kit I purchased came with alcohol wipes to clean bulbs before install. Which is a great way to clean debris off of bulb before installing in housing. Be very gentle in doing this as not to touch the glass. Allow to dry for a few seconds and then install bulb back into lock ring you have already placed in assembly. Repeat for other side of vehicle.

Attachment 79186

Attachment 79194

Attachment 79202

Remove ballast from packaging and install. The ballast will come with hardware to mount them. The ballast need to be mounted firmly so they will not bounce around or fall out of vehicle while driving. I removed batteries and mounted mine to the battery boxes by drilling a hole in each one small enough for the bolt supplied to fit through. There are other places to mount ballast without drilling but i saw this being best way.

Attachment 79218

Attachment 79226

Attachment 79234

Next install the wiring harness. Remove fuse from wiring harness(we will re-install fuse when install is done). The harness will be marked with labels where it should be plugged in at or connected. You will have one main power to control ballast that will connect to positive battery terminal(10mm). Then a ground on same side of harness which I connected to the negative side of the battery(8mm). Then connect (labeled ballast) connector to the ballast making sure connector clicks over notch on ballast. Next run extension of wire to other side of vehicle keeping it away from any moving parts or excessive heat. Connect ground to good ground source or negative battery terminal on opposite side of vehicle(10mm). Connect ballast wire to ballast. Go back to main side and mount the control box to a secure location where none of wires are in a bind.

Attachment 79266

Attachment 79274

Attach adapters to the plugs labeled (projector) on the harness. These are used to swap a xenon hid over to a bi-xenon hid(for hi beam/low beam). Install headlight housing by attaching factory plugs back to assembly. Now connect ballast to hid bulb and harness to small plug on bulb where you just plugged the adapters in. Push headlight back into place making sure you don't pinch any wires. Tighten four bolts back down and repeat on other assembly.

Make sure all your bolts are tight and all wires/connectors are plugged in correctly. Replace fuse into harness and bam! your done. Turn on lights manually and let them heat up to max output. I let mine stay on for a few minutes and then put them on auto and cranked vehicle. Make sure they work properly with vehicle on and off. There is a sticky on here for adjusting your headlights properly. It is a very great write up and will really help you out.

I am very pleased with this product and am very happy I can just pick up the phone in case i ever have a problem. This was a very quick install just because everything was labeled and came with all the hardware. You can't go wrong with this kit and if your reading this because your installing one, congrats. I have purchased (almost all) of the brand name kits and this is by far the best so far. I will definitely buy another for any future vehicles and my wife's truck. I hope i could help.
Didn't think I was clear that where I purchased the kit and where you can purchase upgrades and retro fits is http://www.theretrofitsource.com thanks

-ATS Differential cover
-AFE Stage ll
-H&S Mini Maxx
-FASS Titanium series
-EDE HD up pipes
-4" down pipe
-EDE Full EGR delete
-BMF Novakanes

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 03:20 AM
PSN Local

Nice write up! Im curious.. I have an 07 I was looking at that site and I can not figure out what kit to get, I keep getting lost in the information they give and I don't know what any of it means, I have HIDS now and don't like the light scatter and have a set of color matched headlights I wanna use any help?

2007 F350 King Ranch Crew Cab SRW
-4" diamond eye exhaust
-2.5" leveling Kit
-Autometer NV Gauges Boost,Pyro,Tranny Temp,Fuel Pressure
-Blacked out windows
-325/75/R20 Toyo ATs
-HIDS both fog lights and headlights
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 11:15 PM
PSN Newb

hidsrus.com is a good site with good customer service and offer a lifetime warranty.. they also have slim ballasts.. that's who I'm using.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 03:24 AM
csp
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CbMac87 View Post
I have an 07 I was looking at that site and I can not figure out what kit to get, I keep getting lost in the information they give and I don't know what any of it means, I have HIDS now and don't like the light scatter and have a set of color matched headlights I wanna use any help?
Call them and ask. They have great customer service folks there.

I used the Mini H1 kit on mine. You're smart to go to a real HID with projectors. Having HID bulbs in a reflector housing is half-assing it and just blinds oncoming drivers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode