Hi/lo mod - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Hi/lo mod

Trying to go the hi/lo mod but can't find the link anymore! All the ones I do find are outdated and their pics don't work! Can someone direct me to a link for this mod to keep high beams on with low? I have recon headlights with a projector for low (35w hid) and reflector for high (non hid)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

01 F250 CCSB, BTS, ICON 4" on Bilsteins, 35" Toyo MT on 18" Fuel Hostage, DP F6 Tuner, 6637, 5" pipe, AIH delete, EBPV Delete, Recon Smoked lights all around, 35W Retro HIDS,

HEROS NEVER FALL.... THEY EARN THEIR WINGS.... RIP LCPL JASON D. HILL - IRONMAN, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. SEP 18 1990 -JUNE 11 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 09:34 PM
PSN Local

Re: Hi/lo mod

I think it was called the Brite Box?
The Brite Box - Headlight Performance
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

There was a mod that involved a bit of wiring to do on your own with diodes but I can't find it... Anyone know where to find it? I can wire it no problem if told the correct diode and placement.... I'm great with wiring just not electronic type stuff with diodes and etc

01 F250 CCSB, BTS, ICON 4" on Bilsteins, 35" Toyo MT on 18" Fuel Hostage, DP F6 Tuner, 6637, 5" pipe, AIH delete, EBPV Delete, Recon Smoked lights all around, 35W Retro HIDS,

HEROS NEVER FALL.... THEY EARN THEIR WINGS.... RIP LCPL JASON D. HILL - IRONMAN, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. SEP 18 1990 -JUNE 11 2011

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 04:31 AM
PSN Local

If you under stand wiring this method calls for a relay harness and the diode to avoid 12v back feed.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...wanted-110767/
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 05:02 AM
Freak'n know it all

IMHO it SUX... the low beams being on reduce your night vision and make it harder to see distance

My BMW keeps the lows on with the highs and I'm actually thinking of changing it... PITA tho because I have to make it switch em to a dummy load or the computer will start telling me that I have bulbs out.

99.5 350 crewcab dually 4x4
stage 1 singles, PHP tunes, banks bighead,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
autometer gauges,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, South Bend HD clutch, Gen 2 wicked wheel, AIS intake system.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 04:13 PM
'05 Excursion

I had my headlights so that the lows stayed on with the highs then one night the connector overheated and shorted out. Nearly pooped my pants loosing my headlights on a narrow winding mountain highway.

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust syatem, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

In my application I'm just doing it for aesthetics... My high beams are useless compared to my lows which are hid. But the design of the recon lights with a separate projector for low and reflector for high would look better with both illuminated.... Obviously I would aim the highs so they don't affect oncoming traffic I just want all 4 lights to be on for looks... I have MORE than enough illumination with my low beams

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 07:23 AM
PSN Local

Get a led bulb they are h1's and wire it to a running light. Runing both can cause issues from the heat 55 watt bulbs get hot.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Butt-Head

Triple Switch

Works for high beam/low beam too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode