Introduction/Power Window Conversion - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Cool Introduction/Power Window Conversion

Hey guys,
I've been a member on the site for a while, just haven't posted anything. I've been sitting back gathering info, and gaining knowledge on my 7.3 for some time now, and I figured it was time to Introduce myself. My name is Chase, I'm 19, and I drive an early regular cab 99 7.3. It is fairly stock (Leveling Kit, 315 Grabbers, Beans Chip, Diy Filter). It was my tow pig for my ranger, but is now the tow rig for my bronco. I dd' it to and from college every day and couldn't be happier with it!

I don't have too many recent photos of it. I have had it since June, It is a Florida truck, and just turned 114,000!

And the sticker to make it stand apart...

Here is the ranger

Anyways, I had a couple questions. Being that it is the xl model, it has manual windows/locks. I am not as concerned about the locks at this time, but I would like to convert to power windows. I have been reading up on doing the oem conversion and it sounds like a real headache. Is there a certain aftermarket kit that is better than others for doing this? My initial plan was to purchase an aftermarket kit, then switch to power door panels, so I don't have to use the goofy looking aftermarket switches. Is there anything wrong with doing this? I am just looking for someone to point me in the direction of a good power window kit, and let me know if I can just switch to a different door card without any issues. I used the search function, but didn't come up with too much...

Something along the lines of this are what I was gathering.

FD51-K Electric Life - Power Window Kit Front At StylinTrucks.com

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: Introduction/Power Window Conversion

Nobody?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode