Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Moisture In Headlight Problem

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  lariat7.3 
#1 ·
So I purchased a set of headlights from a forum member that were seperated and the inside bezel painted black and then sealed back together. I've had them for about 2 months. It just started getting chilly and we had a lot of rain last week.

Now both my headlights show moisture and foggyness real bad. To the point of embarassment. It does seem to dissipate some when the headlights are on, but not completely and the moisture comes right back.

Is there anyone local to South Florida area that could give me a hand at maybe seperating and resealing these lights so this wont happen or have a good idea for me to try on my own? I just dont want to ruin the lights beyond repair.

#2 ·
pick up some clear mildew resistant tub calking and seal up the seam....

#4 ·
Fill them with water and see where it leaks first . I use a hair drier and then set them in the sun for the afternoon . I like using the same silicone Ron recommend they even have some that goes on white and dries clear so you don't miss any spots .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.