What is the best halogen bulb money can buy? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Pissed in your Cheerios..

What is the best halogen bulb money can buy?

Hey guys, so I have tinted and or "Blacked out" headlights that are actual tint, not this painting headlights crap I see. My stock lights (9007) actually aren't really that bad, but I want some super bright lights without switching housing and going HID. And if possible, what "K" are these lights outputting??. If anyone can help me out much appreciated

2002 F250 Ext XLT 7.3L, 140hp Phoenix chip, 2.5" Lift, Bushwhacker fender flares, Glow shift quad gauge pillar, EGT, Trans, Fuel Pressure, Boost, Spectre air intake, 6 inch angle cut stack, CFM Manifold, Riff Raff Intercooler Boot kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbend_powerstroke View Post
well around seattle washington my truck seems to stick out with all these hippies lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 02:58 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: What is the best halogen bulb money can buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel dumper View Post
Hey guys, so I have tinted and or "Blacked out" headlights that are actual tint, not this painting headlights crap I see. My stock lights (9007) actually aren't really that bad, but I want some super bright lights without switching housing and going HID. And if possible, what "K" are these lights outputting??. If anyone can help me out much appreciated
Why not get HIDs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2003 F250 XLT 4 Door Long Bed
LT 265/75/16 Goodyear Silent Armor
Dura-Stroke Turbo Built by Adrian,Warren 175CC Injectors, AIR DOG 2, EDGE CTS Programmer, 4in Diamond Eye Straight Exhaust, S&B Intake, ARP Studs, New Oil Cooler 8/12, BPD EGR Delete, Blue Spring upgrade, SCT Custom Tuned, FICMrepair.com's Atlas 40 tune,
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Well I would have to buy new housing for HIDS. Putting HIDs in a halogen reflective housing wouldn't be a good idea. Would it? I don't know, help me out.

2002 F250 Ext XLT 7.3L, 140hp Phoenix chip, 2.5" Lift, Bushwhacker fender flares, Glow shift quad gauge pillar, EGT, Trans, Fuel Pressure, Boost, Spectre air intake, 6 inch angle cut stack, CFM Manifold, Riff Raff Intercooler Boot kit.
Quote:
well around seattle washington my truck seems to stick out with all these hippies lol.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 10:00 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Well I would have to buy new housing for HIDS. Putting HIDs in a halogen reflective housing wouldn't be a good idea. Would it? I don't know, help me out.
I do it. Just not the 55w kit

Dura-Stroke Turbo Built by Adrian,Warren 175CC Injectors, AIR DOG 2, EDGE CTS Programmer, 4in Diamond Eye Straight Exhaust, S&B Intake, ARP Studs, New Oil Cooler 8/12, BPD EGR Delete, Blue Spring upgrade, SCT Custom Tuned, FICMrepair.com's Atlas 40 tune,
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

What watt?

Quote:
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 11:09 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
What watt?
35 watt is the one I put in standard lenses no problems so far

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 06:28 AM
Terminator Nation

Do they have true high/low beams or just a shutter on the bulb?

SilverStar Ultras work as standard bulb replacements, they give a white light, not blue.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 11:52 AM
40 lug nuts

Quote:
You're correct.

BULLETPROOF DIESEL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Biofuels Technologies
1A Auto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F-250
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 07:13 PM
PSN Local

9007 isn't the best for "converting" to HID imo, I wouldn't do it. Loss of high beams and poor control over where the light ends up is why.

You can get brighter/better halogens and various color temperatures, but in the end it comes down to wattage. You probably have 55w and will have to run higher wattage bulbs to see a decent gain. I don't think the best 55w will offer much extra. You will want to stay with lower color temperature, like 3000-4000k when/if the option is offered. The 5000k+ halogens usually have color on the glass, a light spectrum filter (reduces output). I would only go for clear glass bulbs.

If your housings are plastic, I wouldn't suggest running higher wattage bulbs. Have you considered adding driving lights without tint?

If you have metal & glass housings, you could go with some 80 or 100w bulbs, and relays.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 03:53 PM
PSN Veteran

I have some 80/100w 4k Kelvins and a harness to run them..brightest you can get unless you get Hids. PM me if I can help.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode