DP Tuner vs TS Chip - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

DP Tuner vs TS Chip

I currently have a dp tuner f6 chip and recently upgraded to ats 4r100 transmission and while while in 80 economy position transmission is upshifting/downshifting harder than normal. Called DP tuner for advice and was told chip need to be re tuned at a cost of $265. I did not buy chip directly from DP tuner but through a member here on PSN. Questions:

First, Curious what is the general opinion is about DP tuner charging fees to have chip re licensed in my name. $90 to re-burn tunes and rest of the $265 s license fees........

Second, What is the overall advantages/disadvantages of a Dp tuner vs a TS style chip??

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 12:37 AM
PSN Local

Re: DP Tuner vs TS Chip

dp chip you get dp tunes... ts chip pretty much everyone can burn on it.. id try and contact the person you bought it from and have him send it in for reburn, unless you plan on making changes and tweaks in the future then id go ahead and get it in your name, id PM [email protected] and see if theres anything he can do for you.... or just get a TS and choose someone to burn on it...

2002 7.3 stabbin waggon ... 4in turbo back, cold air, autometer pillar, dp-tuned...more to come, feel free to make donations
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 12:38 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjs111 View Post
I currently have a dp tuner f6 chip and recently upgraded to ats 4r100 transmission and while while in 80 economy position transmission is upshifting/downshifting harder than normal. Called DP tuner for advice and was told chip need to be re tuned at a cost of $265. I did not buy chip directly from DP tuner but through a member here on PSN. Questions:

First, Curious what is the general opinion is about DP tuner charging fees to have chip re licensed in my name. $90 to re-burn tunes and rest of the $265 s license fees........

Second, What is the overall advantages/disadvantages of a Dp tuner vs a TS style chip??

Thanks.
If its a F6 they can email you tunes. If its a F5 then you have to send it to them for reburn. With the TS style chip anybody can make and reburn tunes for you. ex TW, ,NLTD , gearhead , swamps. The DP tuners only can run DP tunes nobody else. I went from a DP-tuner to a PHP Hydra same concept as the TS-style chip anybody can tune it but the advantage of the hydra is you don't have to wait for the chip to get reburnt like the TS chip They email the tunes to you and download the tunes to the chip and you good to go. Hope this helps

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 05:13 PM
PSN Veteran

IMO sell it and get a TS chip..TW IMO best tuner for a 7.3 esp trans shifts.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

When I purchased my 01 f350 included was a TS style chip from BTS with 3 tunes installed. I had some tunes added by BTS and Brians Truck Shop practically did all work for free. Chip worked great and I was new to the Diesels thinking the DP tuner would be a great improvement over the TS chip. I was wrong.....

I still believe that if a product is sold initially by the manufacturer then resold there should not be a re licensing fee as it has been sold/paid for already, am I wrong???

Thanks.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 06:22 PM
the stryker god

Just another way for them to make money. Deal it on fte or the org and get a hydra
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce51d View Post
Just another way for them to make money. Deal it on fte or the org and get a hydra
Honestly is there any difference between the TS and Dp chips?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 07:01 PM
the stryker god

Any tuner can tune a ts chip, only Jody can tune a dp chip. Hydra can be tuned by anyone via emailed tunes.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Is there a difference performance wise between dp and ts?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 07:41 PM
the stryker god

Ts canned tunes suck but if you get like nltd or gear head tunes they are better than dp's IMO
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode