LED Exterior Lighting - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

LED Exterior Lighting

Called Ford dealership locally, asked them about setting the computer in my 2008 F250 so that I can replace all brake, turn signal exterior lights with LED bulbs, and he said he knew nothing about it.

Basically all they have to do is make it so the computer doesnt recognize that a bulb is out and the LED's will function correctly for turn signals and everything.

I wish this could just be done on like an H&S tuner. Ford dealer seems clueless. I like the LED lighting way better than the stock bulbs.

Ford Fleet.com even has a step by step for the dealerships if I recall correctly.

2008 Black F250 6.4 - Long Bed XLT
H&S Mini Maxx (Hot Damn), 4" aFe Exhaust, Downpipe, Cold Air Side Pipe, aFe Intake, Flo-Pro Emissions Delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 10:21 PM
PSN Local

If you can print out the instruction, I would go directly to a tech and ask him to do it. I'd do it for someone at my dealership if they did. Throw him a few bucks and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

'03 6.0 CrewCab FX4 6" lift.. 38x15.5x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers on Moto Metal MO954 wheels straight piped and Looney tuned..

Slicker then snot on a chickens lip...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: LED Exterior Lighting

Here are the instructions

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas...tml/Q158r1.pdf

H&S Mini Maxx (Hot Damn), 4" aFe Exhaust, Downpipe, Cold Air Side Pipe, aFe Intake, Flo-Pro Emissions Delete

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 PM
PSN Local

Usually if you replace the front and rear lights with LED, they will function normal. If you only replace the front or rear than it will act as if there is a bulb burnt out by flashing faster.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtdiesel View Post
Usually if you replace the front and rear lights with LED, they will function normal. If you only replace the front or rear than it will act as if there is a bulb burnt out by flashing faster.
Really? I was not aware of that. May have to give that a try.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 02:45 AM
PSN Newb

I dont wanna jack the thread but I am also wanting to add led lights.. I have 8k lights in lamps and fogs and wanna do switch backs but not sure ir the color will match? Also wanna do led brake light, tail lights, reverse lights, and cab lights anyone got a link were I can purchase these items? Also I really want the tag lights, switch backs and reverse lights to match the head lights and fog lights.. Thanks in advance
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Here for the Ride!

Send a message via MSN to devinferg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big08f250 View Post
I dont wanna jack the thread but I am also wanting to add led lights.. I have 8k lights in lamps and fogs and wanna do switch backs but not sure ir the color will match? Also wanna do led brake light, tail lights, reverse lights, and cab lights anyone got a link were I can purchase these items? Also I really want the tag lights, switch backs and reverse lights to match the head lights and fog lights.. Thanks in advance
For the taillights and third brake light ebay is good, thats where I got mine. I also got my clear led reverse lights off of there and they work great also. For cab lights I bought my led 194 replacement bulbs from retro-solutions but that is because I wanted amber LEDs and I bought my clear LED license plate lights from retro solutions too. I love LEDs they look way better and are way brighter. I didnt have any problems with all my LEDs installed and I also still have factory front turn signal bulbs

1997 F350 Reg cab-Powerstroke 5 Spd 135k miles ts 6 pos chip diy k&n intake 4 inch exhaust autometer gs series pyro & boost gauges-SOLD

2001 F350 Reg cab- 7.3 powerstroke 157k miles Wicked Wheel 6 pos chip Full ATS transmission and 5 star converter 5" exhaust DIY traction bars ISSPRO gauges pyro boost and trans temp
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 03:26 AM
PSN Newb

These are for a 08 do u know if I can get the reverse lights and switch backs to match my 8k hid headlights and tag lights there more bluish..
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Here for the Ride!

Send a message via MSN to devinferg
Reverse lights yes. The switch backs I'm not sure because I don't have those and even if I did I only have 6k HIDs so sorry I can't help ya there.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1997 F350 Reg cab-Powerstroke 5 Spd 135k miles ts 6 pos chip diy k&n intake 4 inch exhaust autometer gs series pyro & boost gauges-SOLD

2001 F350 Reg cab- 7.3 powerstroke 157k miles Wicked Wheel 6 pos chip Full ATS transmission and 5 star converter 5" exhaust DIY traction bars ISSPRO gauges pyro boost and trans temp
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 04:38 AM
PSN Local

Send a message via AIM to StrokinNsmokin Send a message via Yahoo to StrokinNsmokin

HID Light Kits ALLHIDS
I'm looking to switch over to all leds and they are very helpful and very good priced

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode