Help with an older Audiovox video system? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Help with an older Audiovox video system?

When I bought my truck, it came with an older Audiovox video screen in the back. No video player in the vehicle. It looks like some sort of player may have been mounted under the back seat at one time, since that's where I found the end of the wiring. The screen is about 6.5" diagonal and appears similar to the VOH681, minus the auxiliary lights and IR headphone connection. Has three RCA jacks and two small headphone jacks. The wiring end under the back seat has a square four wire plug, three RCA plugs and a small two-wire connector that may be for some sort of switching. Anyone have info on this type of overhead video and how I can hook it up to a currently available video player? Almost forgot, there is some sort of "dome" for remote control mounted just behind the screen. Anyone out there that can shed some light on this for me? Anyone still have any literature on this?

'00 F350 LBCC DRW 4X4 with Spectre filter, muff delete. TS 6 pos chip in hand (Not in truck). In-bed fuel tank. 480 K miles on truck, 180K on current engine. Former FEMA hauler. Gooseneck ball and 16K 5th hitch. Has the pump and controls for air-bags, but no bags.(yet)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: Help with an older Audiovox video system?

Went out today and hooked up a 12V DVD player to the RCA plugs. Screen works fine. Just gotta figure out how to get sound hooked up and what VCP OR dvd player to use. Figured out from instructions for the VOH681 online that the two wire "switching" thing is an IR control for the video player. Gradually getting somewhere.

'00 F350 LBCC DRW 4X4 with Spectre filter, muff delete. TS 6 pos chip in hand (Not in truck). In-bed fuel tank. 480 K miles on truck, 180K on current engine. Former FEMA hauler. Gooseneck ball and 16K 5th hitch. Has the pump and controls for air-bags, but no bags.(yet)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Media Mushroom Stamp

Re: Help with an older Audiovox video system?

what radio do you have in the dash? factory or aftermarket?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode