Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Best aluminum polish

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  WoodBoy 
#1 ·
So who makes the best polish for non coated aluminum. I am wanting something that will take an oxidized aluminum to a shine like chrome. I have heard about wet sanding with 400 and 600 grit sand paper before applying a polish but what polish is the best? FYI its for a semi not a pick up.

#2 ·
Google Heavy Metal Polish. I use it on aluminum, stainless, and chrome. There is 3 different colors. Had really good luck with it.

#7 ·
I found some zephyrs at a Petro the other day so I bought it to see what it can do. I'm not a big fan of mothers I prefer meguires instead.

G
#12 ·
I just bought some of this stuff.. I am going to try and get my buds clean.. Anyone ever use one of those Mothers rim buffers that you can put on a cordless drill? I saw one there but I don't know if it's worth the $25.00 there asking for it..

#17 ·
Honestly, if its been a while since the aluminum has seen some TLC, my recommendation would be to find a truck stop in your area and see if there are metal polishing shops nearby. You'll spend hours and hours polishing (and $20-60 on polish plus another $25 for a Powerball) if you don't have a high speed orbital. I take my truck to a shop once a year to get my rims back in shape and then do my best to maintain them for the next 12 months. The difference with their work is significant enough that I'll drive 1.5 hours up to a place and wait while they work.

I've used Wenol (third favorite product - use the red then the blue), Mothers, and a whole bunch of other stuff, but the best products I've found are Blackfire and JP Metal Polish. The Blackfire can be found at Classic Motoring Accessories in Tampa, FL and the JP can be found at the place I go to get my rims polished (JP Metal Polishing in Wildwood, FL). The JP polish can also be found at the 75 Chrome Shop in Wildwood, but they sell it under a different name.

#18 ·
Go to over the road trucker dealership and see if they stock a product called "Wicked aluminum polish" have tried a number of products out there and this one works the best (MO).

jrc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.