Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Zone Offroad 4" Lift & Wheel ?'s

16K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  SAK 
#1 ·
I have an 07 F250 4x4 and I'm looking at Zone Offroad's 4in lift:

4" Suspension System

Does anyone have any feedback on these kits? From the little research I've done, I've heard nothing but good things so far. For the longest time, I wanted Icon's 4.5 lift but this is much more $ friendly. I just don't want to compromise too much in quality. I've heard they are an off-shoot from BDS and TruckToyz carries their stuff so that has to say something. They tend not to sell junk and a local reputable shop also had good things to say about Zone. At any rate, I think I'll pull the trigger and find out first hand if the lift is any good. Can't be much worse than my stock FX4 ranchos, lol.

I was looking at getting 35's on 20's. Zone recommends 4.5" backspace on the wheels for this kit but I found that semi-puzzling as I thought 05+ superduty's had 6" backspace. I've seen other 4" kits recommend 5-5.5" backspace so I'm not sure on this one.

I wanted to get 20x10 wheels but if I have to go with 4.5 BS that sticks out a little too far for my taste, perhaps 20x9 maybe better? I'm looking at Fuel Hostages so if anyone can recommend the proper backspace given my specs, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to stick out too far out and I don't want to rub much either.

Thanks,

See less See more
#2 ·
i did a 6 inch zone lift on a customers 05 duramax n i think the kits are pretty nice well designed lifts and great price for them also good luck!

#3 ·
yep Its BDS's budget line I believe and made about 30 minutes from me. I have not seen there lifts in person yet but they seem to only have 4in and smaller for everything.I've heard no complaints yet.I know BDS's shocks use to be made by monroe but I'm not sure if they still are or not. I don't see why you could not stick with a 5.5in backspace because 4.5in would stick out a bit which you don't want. Its not like the knuckle lifts where you have to clear the knuckles with the rims so you should be fine. A 5.5in should be the same as a 4.5in would be on my truck.

#4 ·
One thing I forgot is I don't see a drop pitman arm for there 4in lifts mine or yours. That kinda worries me.

#6 ·
Well I just looked and your right ,the icon doesn't have one either but the bds 4in for your truck does. I don't know,I guess I would call trucktoyz and see what they say. I always thought over a 3in you needed the drop pitman arm.

#7 ·
I think Icon accounts for it by giving you an adjustable track bar instead. Looks like the Zone lift covers it by sending a new non-adjustable track bar. They don't drop the track bar, and drag link, just change the angles.

#10 ·
Yeh it just seems like the angles would be to much for the drag link and the truck would have bump steer. I know I put a 4in on my truck and didn't drop the pitman arm and it had horrible bump steer. I don't know,just speculating. I'm sure they don't drop the pitman arm because they don';t drop the track bar ,only offset . Now I also wonder if the more angle on the drag link would put more strain on the sector shaft. I know they are prone to breaking on the older fords like mine.

#8 ·
im runnin the zone 4in on my o2 and love it,fit great no issues what so ever.,i do recomend doing rear springs instead of blocks.I have installed a few of the zone kits on the 05+ trucks and cant complain about them.also instead of a track bar drop and new pittman arm the kits come with a new trac bar,like jdc said.

#9 ·
Zone is made by BDS. Where the BDS comes with a lifetime no questions asked warranty the Zone only has a limited 1 year warranty.

Zone is a good budget lift but you get what you pay for. The BDS kit is only $400 more and you get the lifetime warranty and free shipping from us.

#19 ·
Zone is a good budget lift but you get what you pay for. The BDS kit is only $400 more and you get the lifetime warranty and free shipping from us.
If it was only $400 more I would probably jump all over it, but in reality it's not. The standard BDS kit comes with crappy shocks and rear blocks that need to be stacked. I pull a 5th wheel so that's not going to work for me unless I upgrade, adding to the cost.

At least the Zone includes 5' blocks standard and the gas charged shock is a very reasonably priced option. For me, the BDS is more like a 600 dollar increase.

#16 ·
Zone lift products are pretty good. Like its been said on here a few times, Zone is BDS Suspensions "minor league" line of lifts. We use a fair amount of their lifts and leveling kits at the shop and have never had any problems with them.

#18 ·
Possible on the radius arms at full lock but would keep them in more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.