crew cab carpet - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

crew cab carpet

I need to replace the carpet in my '99 crew cab. Will the carpet out of an '05-'07 fit?

Jimmy
Early '99 (8/98) F350 CC LB, 7.3 PSD, 4x4, ZF6, 3.73, aFe Stage 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Reloading

Re: crew cab carpet

yes, but you'll have a few holes in the carpet under the rear seat for the fold up seats and rack if you don't swap seats. I would sugest leaving the "new" carpet in the sun for a couple hrs. before installing it. That will help get wrinkles out and install better. While the carpet's out would be a good time to do some sound deadening.

America Land of the free.*
*Some restrictions may apply, void where prohibited.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

okay thanks. what would be good sound deadening material? DynaMat?

Also, are there holes that are predrilled and plugged in the floor board to mount the 2005 and up bench or do I need to drill them myself? Thanks again.

Jimmy

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 PM
PSN Local

is it just stained up? A pressure washer does wonders..... just sayin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
97 F350 CC 4x4 Flat Bed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3in down pipe 4in pipe by Husker Performance Treadwright 285's

03 Excusrion 6.0
Road Armor Front

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Reloading

There are holes in the carpet for the mounting of the 05+ seat. And there are bosses already in place for the bolts for the 05+ seats, all you have to do is drill and tap them, or do what I did buy drilling the holes, using a longer grade 8 bolt and nut from underneath, then tac weld the nuts. My seats didn't come with the under seat tray/rack thing so I have a hole or 2 that's precut in the carpet that you can only see when tha seats are folded up. If I come across one at a good price I'll put it in, if not oh well.

As for sound deadening I used Raamat, the stuff they used to have in the roll. they only sell their higher end stuff now that comes in squares. then I used insolite, and a open cell acoustic foam. here are some pics of my install.Truck pictures from trucks photos on webshots I forgot to take pics of the open cell foam, I was rushing towards the end because we had family comming in town. Here's where I got the insolite and acoustic foam.Closed Cell Foam, Padding, Minicel, Polystyrene Foam, Polystyrene Sheet

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97WhiteFlatty View Post
stained, ripped and changing interior color

Jimmy
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
There are holes in the carpet for the mounting of the 05+ seat. And there are bosses already in place for the bolts for the 05+ seats, all you have to do is drill and tap them, or do what I did buy drilling the holes, using a longer grade 8 bolt and nut from underneath, then tac weld the nuts. My seats didn't come with the under seat tray/rack thing so I have a hole or 2 that's precut in the carpet that you can only see when tha seats are folded up. If I come across one at a good price I'll put it in, if not oh well.

As for sound deadening I used Raamat, the stuff they used to have in the roll. they only sell their higher end stuff now that comes in squares. then I used insolite, and a open cell acoustic foam. here are some pics of my install.Truck pictures from trucks photos on webshots I forgot to take pics of the open cell foam, I was rushing towards the end because we had family comming in town. Here's where I got the insolite and acoustic foam.Closed Cell Foam, Padding, Minicel, Polystyrene Foam, Polystyrene Sheet
how much of difference did you seen in noise reduction? how long did it take to install? did it make a difference in carpet fitment with the extra thickness of sound deadening material?

Jimmy
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Reloading

Sound reduction wise, it was very noticeable amount. But where it shines is at constant highway or crusing speeds. I didn't have time to do the doors and I was also thinking it would be best to wait to get a couple big dings knocked out of the drivers door before getting started on them. But from what I hear the doors are a major producer sound so I'm hoping once they're done there will be a big reduction in noise.

Time wise, it took me about 3 days from pulling the interior to having it done with help from a buddy who wasn't much help at all. He was there only a third of the time and didn't do much more than drink all my beer and slow me down with a flood of questions. But it was good company I guess... And a good part of one of those days I had a my nabor who's a carpet/funiture cleaner clean both old and new seats.

As for the carpet fitment, it was off a little but it's really not noticable by other people. It didn't help I did this durring in late Nov. when it was cold and wasnt able to warm up the carpet before tucking it in. With you being in TX I'm sure if you plan on doing this anytime soon you'll have no problems with fitment. Just let the carpet warm up in the sun for a bit, then lay it inplace in the truck with the doors closed for a while. The carpet will relax as it lays in place and the cab gets hot.

I can try to get some pics of the carpet fitment and holes if you would like.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Reloading

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97WhiteFlatty View Post
Pressure washing the carpet will help get stains out but it distroys the nap. It looks like someone brushed it with a cat brush. That wouldn't bother some people but it would drive me crazy. I used to be a carpet installer for 8 years and I guess I've leaned to be alittle anal when it comes to details.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

thanks for all the info! where was the fitment of the newer carpet not so well? i found a rear seat with the rack for $200 in dallas. yeah pics would be great if its not a hassle.

Jimmy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode