Centerline's BS warranty *rant* - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

Centerline's BS warranty *rant*

I bought a set of Centerline Grizzlies last November. These had a 3 year chrome warranty. Well, this morning I noticed a spot the size of a fifty cent piece where the chrome is flaking on one of the wheels.

So I think....no big deal. They'll send me a new one and a RMA for the old one to be picked up. WRONG!

I am told to remove it from the truck. Dismount the tire. Send the wheel to California on my dime. They will look at it and either have it rechromed or build me a new one if its determined there was not neglect. Either way I'm looking at being without my wheel/tire for a friggin month.

Even American freakin Eagle has a better warranty policy than this.

I bought these direct from Centerline. Now I'm wishing I would have bought through a distributor cuz I could lean on them to make it right.

Anybody have any connections with these people or a vendor who does?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

Re: Centerline's BS warranty *rant*

I just looked on their website to check availibility on my wheel. There "overstock" section shows them available. I call them to see if they can send me one and bill me and then credit my card when they get the defective one back.

The guy on the phone tells me the overstock is on "forged blanks" and it would take me 5 weeks to get one.

The website overstock department is misleading BTW.

|
|
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Well, I know what rims aren't going on my next truck.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak

i would call them untill they are blue in the face. someone has got to make it right

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

PMRCM#1
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:10 PM
JDG's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to 99F250Smitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak View Post

i would call them untill they are blue in the face. someone has got to make it right
Squeaky wheel gets the oil!!! Thats BS for no older than they are!!

Brian

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
PSN Local

Keep on them Garret they will get tried of hearing from you and do something about it.

2000 F350 CC LB 4X4 SRW ,Lariat , Blue&Beige ,Auto , 3.73 Gears ,285/75/16 BFG's
Isspro pyro, trans, boost
AIS intake
walker BTM

71 Bronco, 351W, 3sd, 4.10 gears 33/12.5/15 BFG's
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

I love the wheels.....but this is bullchit.

|
|
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:21 PM
PSN Local

As fast as you answered and got off line you must be at work also

2000 F350 CC LB 4X4 SRW ,Lariat , Blue&Beige ,Auto , 3.73 Gears ,285/75/16 BFG's
Isspro pyro, trans, boost
AIS intake
walker BTM

71 Bronco, 351W, 3sd, 4.10 gears 33/12.5/15 BFG's
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:31 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak

i think he' always offline...Garrett, with all the connections you got, you dont know someone who sells wheels?

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

PMRCM#1
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

I'm gonna put my feelers out.

|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode