Dually Wheel Options - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
HRT Performance

Dually Wheel Options

Am I the only one on the planet that wants to put 18" wheels on a dually? I don't really care for putting semi tires on the truck and I like the load ratings and tire offerings in the 18" variety better than the 17" tires.

What are my options? BTW - the axles are '05 Ford with the 8x200 lug pattern.... quite possibly going under the Dmax as is to make a CCSB dually....

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life
Re: Dually Wheel Options

im with ya jason, i want a set of 18's on my dually so i can run proxes or something simliar or even a mud tire

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to BMac Send a message via MSN to BMac Send a message via Skype™ to BMac

Stazworks will make you a dually wheel in any size you want, except an 18! I contacted them a while ago and he said they just to have enough interest in 18" wheels to make them

People Fly Airplanes, Pilot's Fly Helicopters

2002 F350 Extended Cab Shortbed
1977 Early Bronco

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
HRT Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMac View Post
Stazworks will make you a dually wheel in any size you want, except an 18! I contacted them a while ago and he said they just to have enough interest in 18" wheels to make them
I know - its crazy too considering the load ratings available with 18" tires. As near as I can tell - 18" tires would give me great tire selection and great load ratings. I don't care for the tire selection available in the 17" flavor - I don't want to do semi tires because I need a more agressive tread in the winter and in the mud around the farm - some powder coated steel 18s or some "cheap" chinese aluminum rims would suite me just fine.

Damn me and my desire to rock a 35" to 36" tire on a dually with a decent load rating and tread pattern.

I am open to suggestions if anyone has any.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Don't judge me...

I would love to have some 18s. I like they the way my wheels look now but I eventually want to step up to 38s and I'm not a big fan of that much tire on a 16" wheel.

'02 cclb duallie, much work to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpavement View Post
Suspect all you want hommie but I swear to Jesus himself, if I walk in on you in that pose and you got a chick ass and a chick body.... I'm shuttin off the lights and takin you straight to pound town!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 03:13 AM
MINK

shaved 22.5 so you can run 22" tires....Dopesick rims and E rated tires all in one...

Josh Mink
CAMB MOTORSPORTS
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
HRT Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp7.3 View Post
shaved 22.5 so you can run 22" tires....Dopesick rims and E rated tires all in one...
I think tire selection and load ratings all suck in the 22" variety..... For instance - just glancing real quick for a tire available in several common sizes - the BFG A/T KO - popular tire, I've run many sets and liked them for the most part - If I choose a 22" tire around 35" OD in load range E - the load rating is 3305lbs and cost $660 each -If I choose the same basic tire in an 20" flavor the load rating is 3850lbs and a cost of $365 each.... I can burn a lot of rubber for that price difference.....

I'm pricing a set of custom made 20" steel wheels right now as I get the details ironed out.... I didn't find anyone willing to make an 18" dually rim. Maybe once I am done - I will end up on 22s..... who knows.... I need a dually more than I need a SRW truck for that 36' gooseneck I pull.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 03:02 PM
West Bound and Down

Jason,

This may be more wheel/tire than you are looking for, but I think the look is AWSOME:

I know that the tires are 37x12.5 Toyo MTs.

Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid. -John Wayne

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
HRT Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_nape View Post
Jason,

This may be more wheel/tire than you are looking for, but I think the look is AWSOME:

I know that the tires are 37x12.5 Toyo MTs.
I totally agree that looks sweet! The problem is I am installing these axles under my Dmax - and to clear 37s on a Dmax requires at least 6" of lift - I need to keep the lift to a minimum for DD use and for trailering use. Essentially - I want to be a picky pain in the a$$ and if I am going to spend the money to do it - I am going to do it right. I'm using the Ford axles for the lift for a couple of reason - one I have them - two someone has developed a very sweet custom 4 link front suspesnion kit using this front axle. I've kicked around the idea of making the Dmax a short box dually for a long while - since I am changing the front axle - its time to pull the trigger and just install the matching rear that I have.

And the bonus to all of this - I have an extended cab 05 frame and suspension to use under the 79 project truck - using another '07 front axle I already have and a SRW 11.5AAM rear axle that will be perfect for a high powered play truck.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 04:00 AM
All done now

Wish I had the room you had. I have had to pass up a couple of rolling suspensions. I personally would like to throw an old Apache, like a '53 or so on a Superduty Chassis. I think that would be a really sweet truck. Or an old, like '50 or so Dodge.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode