Interior LED COLOR CHANGE!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Interior LED COLOR CHANGE!!!

ok so after trying to read up on this, i finally decided to take the plunge and take apart every switch, button, accessory containing that generic green light color....I have taken apart everything including my AC/Heat control unit. My plan is to re-sodder all the Led's, and lights to make them red. All my window buttoms, aux switches, steering wheel controls, head light switch, fog switch, ect...pretty much everything but the radio only because im planning for a new one will have a red LED....Let me know what everyone thinks....il post pics up of the work in progress when i get home tonight......

BTW..if this is in the wronge section Mods feel free to move..thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 01:41 PM
PETE ENGR PSD

Re: Interior LED COLOR CHANGE!!!

It should be pretty sweet. I've always wanted to do this, I just don't think I have the patience lol

KEVIN
2006 F-350 Kingranch 79,XXX

post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 01:50 PM
The Stig

Send a message via AIM to BFD99 Send a message via MSN to BFD99

good luck, might buy one red LED to test it out, because i know you can't run RED leds on the dodges, it looks pink, because of the spectrum of light the LED produces and the green light filter that makes the lights show green with the regular incandescent bulb.
On edit: i know the blue works great on the dodge for sure, that's what i swapped all of my lights out too. Are you planning on using superbrightleds.com?

2006 Ram 5.9L 2wd Gogodiesel, Garmon's Diesel
2010 Dually 6.4L, Gogodiesel, KEM Tuned

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 01:56 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

subscribed, Take LOTS of pics, I would love to see how you get it all done. Main part I am worried about would be the steering wheel controls and the AC/heater controls (if you have the digital setup)

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 02:09 PM
The Stig

Heres a place to get started. I know in my instrument cluster bulbs i used b8.5hp bulbs in blue, and neo-5 in my A/C controls, and i used the bulb, not the base, just the bulb and resistor to solder to my headlight switch. By using the LED there is no need to add a seperate resistor.

And i know this is for a dodge, but it will give you a good idea of what is involved.
How-To: LED Dash Conversion for 06-08 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
subscribed, Take LOTS of pics, I would love to see how you get it all done. Main part I am worried about would be the steering wheel controls and the AC/heater controls (if you have the digital setup)
i will most definitly take pictures and keep everyone updated, i do have the digital steering wheel and ac controls, so that should make for some nerv racking excitment.....
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFD99 View Post
Heres a place to get started. I know in my instrument cluster bulbs i used b8.5hp bulbs in blue, and neo-5 in my A/C controls, and i used the bulb, not the base, just the bulb and resistor to solder to my headlight switch. By using the LED there is no need to add a seperate resistor.

And i know this is for a dodge, but it will give you a good idea of what is involved.
How-To: LED Dash Conversion for 06-08 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
thanks for the tips, i am planning on doing a custom cluster cover, but changing the bulbs also. And im using another electrical supplier for all the LED's. Im making sure i tested all the lights with a meter and making sure that they are all the same brightness that way theres nothing that stands out brighter than the other.....should be a cool mod when its all done...again thanks for the input..il keep everyone posted...have a feeling this is not gona be a one day mod though.
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Reppin' the 6.4L

SICKS-O changed his to blue, and I think it looks sweet. red should look killer as well! I'm partial to the green though.

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
SICKS-O changed his to blue, and I think it looks sweet. red should look killer as well! I'm partial to the green though.
see if would like the green if it was a little brighter...to me the green looks like a dull bland color...just my opinion
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 03:03 PM
The Stig

i still think blue would be the best bet, because of the green color spectrum the Blue LEDs should be brightest, not saying the Red ones wont work, I just know they don't on the Dodges, they show up pink.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode