U-joint part numbers - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
<-- it's like that

U-joint part numbers

I'm getting ready to replace the u-joints on the rear driveshafts. The problem is I'm having a hard time locating the correct part numbers for my truck. My parents replaced the u-joints on their trucks last year, and had to make several trips to the auto parts store because they kept getting the wrong ones for their 2003 SD. I'm trying to avoid that hassle.

Anyway, my truck is a 2002, crew cab, short bed, 4x4. I have the two-piece rear driveshaft, and I need the part numbers for all of the rear u-joints. Around here there's Napa, Carquest, Autozone, and a Pep Boys a few miles away.

If anyone has part numbers where I can just walk in and buy the ones I need, it will be greatly appreciated. The guys at the parts counter are just as confused as I am.

Thanks.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Genius, when I drink

Re: U-joint part numbers

Not to derail this thread, I need the part numbers too.......and the fronts if ya got em.

If it makes any diff my rig is an '03

'03 F250 CC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
blip the throttle, and you just changed your "HPOP" oil

put that on youtube
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 11:22 PM
PSN Local

What about a single piece shaft?

2001 F-250 4x4 Crew shortbox, Optix gauges, DP F5 60towHighAlt, 80E, 100, 120. WW, ITP Boost Annihilator. DIY 6637 intake.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Genius, when I drink

Yes high angle driveline makes 'em. My truck is pretty much stock and don't see a real need for a one piece. Plus, I'm sure new u-joints would be a lot cheaper. Heck, I could be wrong altogether!

'03 F250 CC

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
blip the throttle, and you just changed your "HPOP" oil

put that on youtube
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
<-- it's like that

Well I just finished mine today. I went to Napa and picked up the u-joints with the part number P330. They are the same ones for all 99-04's with the 7.3L and 156" wheelbase or longer (2 piece driveshaft). They fit just fine, and my test drive went well... no more clunk when taking off from a stoplight.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 03:14 AM
PSN Local

Thanks for the part numbers!

Jesse built my shafts the first go around on my jeep. I would much rather have a 1 piece shaft!

Time to call HAD!

2001 F-250 4x4 Crew shortbox, Optix gauges, DP F5 60towHighAlt, 80E, 100, 120. WW, ITP Boost Annihilator. DIY 6637 intake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in