looking at a truck, few questions.. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

looking at a truck, few questions..

hey guys, kidnof kickin around a few trucks here as my dodge is pretty much spoken for, I had a few qustions on a certain truck though, this truck seems to be a work truck,{ I havent seen it in person, but am going to look at it soon to closer inspect}

notice the headlights? thats what makes me think its like the work truck edition, or whatever, with this be like an XL? I was hoping for leather, but its cloth, ohwell, but was wondering if I bought it, could the headlights be takin out and replaced with the 99+ headlights? yeah, I see the 05 headlights, and grill stuff, but thats not for me, not now anyhow, but What I wanted to do was replace headlights, paint grill/bumper to match truck white. loose the nerf bars,and front light bar! and new tires, keep the rims, and possiblythrow on some flares, the price is right and has lower miles, 113,000 to be exact, is there much differnace on interiors of these trucks VS tlike the XLT, or whatever?, thanks for anyhelp, and sorry for the stupid questions, remeber, Im a dodge guy, so anything I say about ford, I cant be held liable for!

07 cummins mega cab 2500 4x4 dark gray metalic 35s 17x10 diamo 17karot rims ranchhand. triple disc precision converter.built trans 282k and counting...

2001 250 superduty 4x4 CC SB dark blue met. 3"lift 35s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 04:01 AM
OBS junkie

Re: looking at a truck, few questions..

That's as base of a XL model as you can get, crank windows, manual locks. It would have had the later style headlights & chrome bumper if it had the XL "Decor package" but that is just the base model. That's the second crew short XL 4x4 with a 7.3L & a 6sp I've ever seen. Probley a work/farm truck. Check it over real good to make sure it wasn't really beat on & had a hard life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 04:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

think Im gonna pass on it, Dont want the hassles of someones misuse, I know how our company trucks get beat!, and yah, they would look alright with a lift kit and fancy wheels! im looking at the other one harder anyhow.....,

07 cummins mega cab 2500 4x4 dark gray metalic 35s 17x10 diamo 17karot rims ranchhand. triple disc precision converter.built trans 282k and counting...

2001 250 superduty 4x4 CC SB dark blue met. 3"lift 35s

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 04:11 AM
OBS junkie

Don't count out the XL models, they make good DD/work/race trucks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Village Idiot

stick will slow them down a lil

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Jaw-Juh Stroker

Don't pass on it just because it's an XL. Some of us actually prefer manual transmissions and window crankers. That truck looks identical to mine, except that it's not a regular cab long bed. Those lights aren't the best in the world though, perhaps why the light bar was added.

2002 F250 4x4
T-444E 6-speed
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:36 PM
<----Simply the best.

Send a message via AIM to StrokerTurbo7.3

XL

I doubt that light bar had much effect. It appears that one of the lights is aimed at the ground lol

Chances are if it was a work truck those 113k miles are some hard earned miles ya know

No longer a proud member of PSN.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Jaw-Juh Stroker

Good to know I'm not the only XL fan around here.

My last truck was an XLT. Power windows, power mirrors, power seats, carpet. How do you clean something like that after you tromp up into it with mud and manure all over your boots? I guess to each his own, but I really don't understand this desire to have a luxury car with a pickup bed in it. It's a truck and it should be used like a truck!

2002 F250 4x4
T-444E 6-speed
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 04:43 AM
Starting Over

You can get cat skin leather seat covers for it.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 05:04 AM
<----Simply the best.

Send a message via AIM to StrokerTurbo7.3

Power locks I wouldnt mind having just to have them set with an alarm. Windows doesnt really matter. Mine is a single cab and I'm 6'2" so the seat is always as far back as it goes. The only reason I wish mine were an XLT was so that it had more chrome on it. Like the grill, mirrors, and rear bumper. In due time though they will be chrome lol

Speaking of the luxury thing my dad claims to be an "Old school" kind of guy. Someone you would expect to have an XL. NOOO he has a Lariat. That thing has more controls than a TV remote lol

No longer a proud member of PSN.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode