What tires next? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker
What tires next?

I'm looking at what tires i want to get next... I have always had an M/T starting with a 285/75/16 Toyo M/T and now same size Dayton M/T... I really liked them both for on and off road use just didnt wear and last as long as i would have expected them to.

I was wondering what sudjestions you had. I wouldnt mind going with an aggressive AT just not sure what i need.

Oh and im going with a 315/75/16 this time. I really liked a Bridgestone Revos i had once but dont make them in the size i want.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
The Fireman

Re: What tires next?

I have been looking more toward an A/T this time around. Been looking at the Pro Comp A/T

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 03:13 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

I am in the market for tires as well. Currently I think I am gonna get the Toyo Open country A/T primarily due to price compared to what I have been looking at. Otherwise I think I would go for the Kumho A/T (its just too wide for my rim)

The pro-comp extreme A/T looks to be a pretty good tread too, I just haven't read much on opinions about them. Also I have heard fairly decent comments about the Nitto A/T and M/T

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 03:31 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_stroker View Post
I'm looking at what tires i want to get next... I have always had an M/T starting with a 285/75/16 Toyo M/T and now same size Dayton M/T... I really liked them both for on and off road use just didnt wear and last as long as i would have expected them to.

I was wondering what sudjestions you had. I wouldnt mind going with an aggressive AT just not sure what i need.

Oh and im going with a 315/75/16 this time. I really liked a Bridgestone Revos i had once but dont make them in the size i want.

What kinda of tread life are you looking for? I have been getting between 45-65k out of the Toyo MT's, and got less then 25k out of a set of Toyo AT's...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 03:32 PM
<-- it's like that

I have the Kumho AT KL78's, much better tire than the BFG AT's. Price is nicer too.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 03:36 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
What kinda of tread life are you looking for? I have been getting between 45-65k out of the Toyo MT's, and got less then 25k out of a set of Toyo AT's...
hmm with that I guess should spend the extra coin on the MT's. Can't picture getting only 25k out of a set of tires, least under standard driving conditions.

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
The Fireman

When i had my Toyo M/Ts i only got about 30k out of them and about to that on my daytons... it will be a couple months till im ready for new tires but wanted to look around and see what everyone else had... and im looking to get about 50 - 60 k out of a set. im doing all new front end parts right now... ball joints tie rods the whole thing. also going to have it 4 wheel aligned when i get done.

post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
The Fireman

Next question is can i fit a 315/75/16 on my truck... i do have a 2.5" leveling kit on the front witch really lifted it about 3" and i have a 3" block in the back. i had 285/75/16 stock. I know the rims will handle the tires i have 16x10.50 American Racing Wheels. and i can deal with a little rubbing.

post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 03:42 PM
28 cent #2

BFG at's My last set was a set of 295/75/16 and I got like 72k miles on them and still sold them to some guy for 75 bucks haha
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 05:15 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
hmm with that I guess should spend the extra coin on the MT's. Can't picture getting only 25k out of a set of tires, least under standard driving conditions.
I WAS PISSED! Went off on old Les Schwab!!! They knocked 200 off my next set of MT's, but they still got the better end of that deal!

Quote:
When i had my Toyo M/Ts i only got about 30k out of them and about to that on my daytons... it will be a couple months till im ready for new tires but wanted to look around and see what everyone else had... and im looking to get about 50 - 60 k out of a set. im doing all new front end parts right now... ball joints tie rods the whole thing. also going to have it 4 wheel aligned when i get done.

The key to the Toyo MT's is rotation, rotation, rotation... If you rotate them every 3-4k, they last, but you miss one and there gone in no time.

Quote:
Next question is can i fit a 315/75/16 on my truck... i do have a 2.5" leveling kit on the front witch really lifted it about 3" and i have a 3" block in the back. i had 285/75/16 stock. I know the rims will handle the tires i have 16x10.50 American Racing Wheels. and i can deal with a little rubbing.

Should fit fine, worst case you have to trim the lower valance on the front bumper.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode