whats a good lift to get for 06 PSD - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Vtec

whats a good lift to get for 06 PSD

Ok im tired of stock.... I miss my 94 F-350 with 3 1/2 on 35s. I had a 460 and it was kenne belled 10psi and that truck was sick. Seemed like i never got stuck...

My 06 PSD gets stuck everywere.... stock tires 265 r 17s i want which is Good year ATS silent armor are 995 for 4... i started thinking wtf my 35s weren't that expensive and most 265s i would think would be cheaper but i guess not. I want a 3 1/2 lift with 35s soon. or if anyone has some ideas on what tire lift combos are best let me know plz.

And if anybody can find me some good prices on shocks that would be awesome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 12:34 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753
Re: whats a good lift to get for 06 PSD

Common lift sizes for our trucks are generally 2.5" (leveling) and 4.5" then up. Both should run 35's no problem.

Personally I was going to go with the Donahoe Racing, now Icon Vehicle Dynamics 4.5" lift with dual steering stabilizer kit, but at the moment the funds aren't there for the lift and tires at the same time. Its a bit pricey but seems to be the best from everything I have read. I was quoted a bit over $2300 for the entire kit with dual steering stabilizers bilsteins/Icon shocks all around and a carrier bearing drop kit. Biggest thing with this kit is it is 100% complete, no stacking of blocks in the back, and comes with an adjustable track bar up front instead of the simple drop bracket.

From what I found leveling kits are a bit more wide open, there is the much cheaper coil spring spacer lifts, or spring replacement lifts. Pretty much all the manufacturers make these sort of lifts most of them will be springs or spacers only, no alignment or steering geometry correction. Longer shocks will be needed though.

Bilstein 5100's are fairly expensive but essentially the best, long lasting and best riding. Would be a good investment.

If your unsure of what lift heigh/tire combo you want check out the install gallery over at www.trucktoyzperformance.com they got tons of pics of all sorts of trucks with all sorts of lift heights and tire combos. I think tomorrow I am gonna ask the guy at the local shop what he sells the most of and his recomendation on a leveling kit, at least as a temp if anything till I can get the Icon 4.5" kit.

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 03:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak

you can run 35's stock

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PMRCM#1

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Vtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Common lift sizes for our trucks are generally 2.5" (leveling) and 4.5" then up. Both should run 35's no problem.

Personally I was going to go with the Donahoe Racing, now Icon Vehicle Dynamics 4.5" lift with dual steering stabilizer kit, but at the moment the funds aren't there for the lift and tires at the same time. Its a bit pricey but seems to be the best from everything I have read. I was quoted a bit over $2300 for the entire kit with dual steering stabilizers bilsteins/Icon shocks all around and a carrier bearing drop kit. Biggest thing with this kit is it is 100% complete, no stacking of blocks in the back, and comes with an adjustable track bar up front instead of the simple drop bracket.

From what I found leveling kits are a bit more wide open, there is the much cheaper coil spring spacer lifts, or spring replacement lifts. Pretty much all the manufacturers make these sort of lifts most of them will be springs or spacers only, no alignment or steering geometry correction. Longer shocks will be needed though.

Bilstein 5100's are fairly expensive but essentially the best, long lasting and best riding. Would be a good investment.

If your unsure of what lift heigh/tire combo you want check out the install gallery over at www.trucktoyzperformance.com they got tons of pics of all sorts of trucks with all sorts of lift heights and tire combos. I think tomorrow I am gonna ask the guy at the local shop what he sells the most of and his recomendation on a leveling kit, at least as a temp if anything till I can get the Icon 4.5" kit.

hey thanks man!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Evil Genius

Yep, the Icon 4.5" setup will clear the 35s.

You can also clear them with a 2.5" Icon leveling system with the right wheels.

I would go with the Icon shocks over Bilstein shocks though...IMO the Icons are a better product.

Everyone that I've sold their systems to has been very pleased with them. As for pricing, myself and pretty much all the dealers seller at "jobber" pricing which you aren't allowed to sell the Icon product line below.

I'm halfway tempted to try some 35s on my stock height 07 since I clear my current tires (33/13s) just fine. I may do it when I need new tires....

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 12:21 AM
6Leaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSpecial View Post
Yep, the Icon 4.5" setup will clear the 35s.

You can also clear them with a 2.5" Icon leveling system with the right wheels.

I would go with the Icon shocks over Bilstein shocks though...IMO the Icons are a better product.

Everyone that I've sold their systems to has been very pleased with them. As for pricing, myself and pretty much all the dealers seller at "jobber" pricing which you aren't allowed to sell the Icon product line below.

I'm halfway tempted to try some 35s on my stock height 07 since I clear my current tires (33/13s) just fine. I may do it when I need new tires....

Can you squeeze 37's under the Icon 4.5" Seems like there is room? Sadly I need tires soon (like 2,000 miles maybe, month or 2 for me) Maybe I will get the 35's and run them till I can save my pennies for the lift.

6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Evil Genius

These BFGs measure 36.xx", under a 4.5" Icon 4-link:

The valance under the front bumper had to be slightly trimmed.

I have seen regular BFG 37" Muds under a 4.5" as well.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 12:46 AM
6Leaker

wow that is one SHARP truck. Thanks for the pics DC. Just wonder how much flex you can get in the suspension before the tires start rubbing. Just making me even more anxious for lifting my truck.

6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Evil Genius

Don't know, I know the owner has taken it through some muddy fields, but I never heard about any rubbing. Last time I saw him and went for a ride in it he was running stock tires for the winter.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 01:04 AM
6Leaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSpecial View Post
Don't know, I know the owner has taken it through some muddy fields, but I never heard about any rubbing. Last time I saw him and went for a ride in it he was running stock tires for the winter.
hmm sounds very promising. Think I'll start with the 35's for now and then probably jump up to 37's, I like how they fill the wheel wells, ugh decisions lol, guess I will just have to try em all

6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode