how to install gooseneck hitch??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to samdust
how to install gooseneck hitch???

i got a b&w goose neck hitch and for the life of me i cant get it in. the sideplates dont fit. the bolt is to big for the rear whole in the frame and on the pass side the plate cant go all the way up because of the bed indentions. any tips or tricks would be great. its a 1105r if that helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2001 f-250,7.3,4x4,cc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CORNFED RANGER

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 09:10 PM
HP Junky

Re: how to install gooseneck hitch???

If it dooesn't fit then you've got the wrong kit. I've installed 10-15 B&W hitches and every one has fit perfect. The first time I installed one was a little tough however.

B&W usually has great instructions too, my best pointers is have a friend there to help you and drop the spare tire out of the way, just helps with access.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Dieselized

unbolt the bed and lift it up about an inch or so

question is it the ball or 18 wheeler hitch style

BTW, I think the pop up 5th wheel hitch was the easiest to install just took the bed off measured then cut the hole

You call yourself a mechanic, you can't even fix a mechanical pencil.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

no its a goose neck not a 5ther. ummm its the right one its on the box says it will fit. i dont know im gonna take it to a guy in the morning to figure out. thanx anyways.

2001 f-250,7.3,4x4,cc

CORNFED RANGER

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 02:46 AM
Needs more hours per day

If it's a gooseneck, I'd assume it's the turnover ball, not the 5th wheel. I'd go with Jacob though, I think you might have the wrong kit. My side plates didn't have any problems fitting and the big bolt definately didn't have any problems going through the hole in the frame. The only struggle I ran into was getting the crossmembers between the bed and frame due to some downward bending of the bed floor. A BFH got them lined up though. I had to put a crescent wrench on one side of the crossmember angle iron and twist it up to get it straightened out correctly though, also due to the bending of the bed floor.

I though about trying to unbold the bed, but when the previous owner had the bed Rhino Lined, the bolts were sprayed over so I can't get to them unless I cut away the bed liner.

Jeremy
2000 F-350, CCLB, SRW, 4x4, '04 5.9 Common Rail Cummins Conversion
F1 sticks, Evil Twins Dual CP3's, F1 Springs, Helix 2 Cam, ARP headstuds, ED Turbo, Smarty, BTS Trans
Eventually: Compound Turbos

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

the box says 1108r but the hich looks like 1105r both for my model truck? i dont get it im gonna get it all in there and weld the damn thing

2001 f-250,7.3,4x4,cc

CORNFED RANGER

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Custom Trailer Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinJW View Post
B&W usually has great instructions too, my best pointers is have a friend there to help you and drop the spare tire out of the way, just helps with access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetech151 View Post
unbolt the bed and lift it up about an inch or so

question is it the ball or 18 wheeler hitch style

BTW, I think the pop up 5th wheel hitch was the easiest to install just took the bed off measured then cut the hole
B&W hitches are meant to go in without unbolting the bed, and my favorite part about the B&W turnover gooseneck hitch is, that you can buy the fifth wheel later and it drops in just like the ball does, non of that rails with pins crap!

Also if it doesn't line up you've probably got the wrong kit, mine all lined up perfectly just holding the side plates next to the frame, all the holes lined up.

1999.5 F350 PSD CC Dually 05' Conversion
Stage I's - Gearhead Tuning - BTS - PCS
F550 rear suspension

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Butt-Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdust View Post
i dont get it im gonna get it all in there and weld the damn thing
Don't do that.........

Unless you know what and where to weld on the frame. There is A right and MANY wrong ways to weld to the frame.

Cody
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 05:00 AM
PSN Local

I have the best idea yet for you. Take it to a fabricator and pay him 140.00 under the table to install it for you. Thats what I did and the welds look great.

2002 F350 DRW, 38r Turbo, Terminator T500, REG return fuel system, CTS Evo Custom tuned by Bill at Powerhungry Performance, bts converter, S&B intake, Snows Stage 3 Water/Meth. Mcculloch hids 6k.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Custom Trailer Sales

post a pic of the kit if you can.

I don't think you should bother going through all the trouble of welding it, install it with all hardware it came with.
You must have the wrong one, mine went in really easy and I've never done one before

1999.5 F350 PSD CC Dually 05' Conversion
Stage I's - Gearhead Tuning - BTS - PCS
F550 rear suspension

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode