Anything out there to keep the sludge out?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
JDG's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to 99F250Smitty
Anything out there to keep the sludge out??

I am tired of cleaning, mud, snow/salt, etc from along the bottom edge of my doors. It is also causing RUST!! It gets up inbetween the doors and the cab and makes a mess. I have mud flaps, but doesn't seem to matter. i was wondering if there is anything on the market or if anyone has made their own kind of bent steel to keep all this crap out.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 04:38 AM
PSN Newb

Re: Anything out there to keep the sludge out??

I run the stock plastic running boards, and they keep anything from getting up under the doors. I had them off for a while and put them right back on due to the same problem you have
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
JDG's #1 Fan

its a mess, you get into mud, its packed up in there, you drive on slushy roads, its packed up in there. I think the newer trucks have a rubber piece acrossed the bottom of the door, but it still gets up in there behind it. I looked at an 04 that had rust along the bottom of the door.

Brian

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 05:05 AM
PSN Veteran

i actually have to have part of the lower front doors cut out on my 02. the sh!t got up in the door and the door seam weld rusted, and now some of the inside of the door is actually completely rusted. i think the best you can do is a set of mud flaps and clean it out well. i can tell you my #### is a mess, i actually put a screwdriver through the door knocking some of it off not realizing the entire piece was rusted.

2002 F250
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
JDG's #1 Fan

Yeah, my front doors aren't terrible yet, but i imagine if i pushed on my extended cab doors to hard i could put my finger through.

Brian

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 05:56 AM
PSN Veteran

i think i might have that part of the door rhino lined once it's fixed.

2002 F250
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Custom Trailer Sales

I have stock running boards and don't have much of a problem. The bottom of my front doors is rusting a little bit, probably from what your talking about but not very badly at all!

1999.5 F350 PSD CC Dually 05' Conversion
Stage I's - Gearhead Tuning - BTS - PCS
F550 rear suspension

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 04:31 PM
PSN Local

I just had to POR15 the bottom of my doors, they were really bad, if I didn't do it now by mid summer I would have been looking at having to add more metal... I removed the rubber strips down there, the clips were gone on them anyways. It doesn't make the truck any noisier with them gone. I think just washing the crap out of there every once in a while with good paint and possible bed liner covering (linex rhino liner, POR15 bed liner...) is going to be the only thing you can do. Running boards don't help, I got the stock plastic ones and I still have rust. BTW I am removing them because they did nothing when someone hit and ran my truck when it was parked.

Good luck

Jeremy

00 F350 CC LB 4x4 auto. Nitto Terra 285 75 r16 E, Dynatrac free spin hubs, ccv, rancho stabilizer, centramatics, upgraded GPR, DB starter, 2.0 ga pos cable, matching 5th rim, 6637, 4" SS magnaflow, CPR, Scan Gauge, Mag Hytech.

USN VBSS, Burn sink or take a-prize.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode