WELD Stonecrushers - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
28 cent #2

WELD Stonecrushers

I was thinking of a set of 16X9's for my truck to put my 305's on...I wanted 10's but found a good deal on the 9's and not too much diff...I was wondering if anyone had them on here with some pics I just like to see them on a truck no matter what tire size you have...Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Edward Scissorhand WanaB

Re: WELD Stonecrushers

Years ago there were complaints about the Stonecrusher/Mountaincrusher wheels. The complaint was a constant clicking sound coming from the wheel. Also the wheel is a two piece wheel that is welded together and the welds were cracking apart. I wanted them but never got them because of the feed back from people that were running them. Maybe the problem has been solved now. This was over five years ago I was hearing about it.

"Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2000 F-250 Lariat, CC, 4x4, LWB,
A few mods to make it better than stock.
250cc hybrids, Stealth stage II HPOP, H-11 Headstuds, Strickly Diesel Reg. Return Fuel, Spearco 6.0 IC, Garrett 38r 1.15 hsg, BTS transmission, Gearhead Tuning
"The Smoke Don't Mean Its Broke"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Genius, when I drink

I got 16x8 Mountain Crushers on my rig. No problems other than bein a PITA to keep clean and I didn't really care for the center caps, so I'm not running any. Check out the link in my Sig.

'03 F250 CC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
blip the throttle, and you just changed your "HPOP" oil

put that on youtube

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
28 cent #2

Yeah i knew they were two piece and a pita especially you get in any mud with them but they are already sold so my search for some 16X10s continues...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 12:25 AM
PSN Veteran

the clicking came from the outer fake bead lock ring. nothing to do with the structure. and yes some of them did crack, but ive been dealing them for 8 years and have only had 2-3 come back for wareenty. there a good wheel really strong. make sure to get the cap that covers the lugs. its a little easyier to clean. also watch the offset or a dynatrac kit may be in the future

02 f-250 xlt with leather, BTS trans. dp-tunes, afe. 40" bfg km2 on some 20's. and a bunch of other stuff that doesent make it any faster.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Non Helpful Member

I have had a set of weld typhoone crack and a set of outback also I've moved on to centerlines now

2 fords that make no power

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode