window issue's - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

window issue's

i have and early 99 with a sliding rear window and the leatch design is a hook and you just push on the back side of the latch/handle to slide the window. but my problem is the latch is broken and (its only a little piece of what looks to be placstic) the only way to get a new handle is to get the sliding window and its a factory tinted piece so it costs more to replace. i got a quote of $225 shipped and thats not with an install.

if anyone knows were i can get a window/ assembly for cheap or JUST THE HANDLE FOR IT. anything would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 05:19 AM
Starting Over

Re: window issue's

junk yard would be my guess.Those things are so easy to pop open.I have used it to break into my truck couple time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainers View Post
junk yard would be my guess.Those things are so easy to pop open.I have used it to break into my truck couple time.
thats why its broken lol, and i had just had it put back on at a window shop because one day it decided to fall off. its sweet not having one cuz i cant everlock my keys in my truck. but then i just gotta keep peeps from knowing about it.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 09:19 PM
2nd class citizen

call safe lite auto glass there nation wide and come right to your house or shop and do the install and probably have that rear window cheaper than o.e.

2003 CRW CAB LB 4X4 6SPD,AFE STAGE 2,38r,DP TUNER,4'' MBRP,FASS 15,Farmers Disel Performance 160/100 injectors,ITPREG.RETURN,TERMINATOR
2001 crw cab short bed auto 4x4 5"exhaust afe stg 2,f6,jw trans,terminator,cass. stg2's,itp reg return,fuel lab pump.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 09:46 PM
PSN Local

Someone posted the part number for the latch mechanism either here or TDS within the past couple months...

1999 F350 6SPD 4x4 LARIAT Tymar, DP-F5, ITP Reg Return, 4" Exhaust **SOLD**
2002 F350 REG CAB DRW 2WD Tymar, PHP, 5" stack, DJM drop hangers and shackles, Hellwig sway bars, Nathan K5LA, Full Power '08 Mirrors...**SOLD**
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTBIKEZ View Post
Someone posted the part number for the latch mechanism either here or TDS within the past couple months...
when i talked to all the glass companies and ford they were only gonna sell it with the window but i would really just like the handle this is really piss-n me off that i cant do that
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 05:47 PM
PSN Local

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...=3&catalogid=2

1999 F350 6SPD 4x4 LARIAT Tymar, DP-F5, ITP Reg Return, 4" Exhaust **SOLD**
2002 F350 REG CAB DRW 2WD Tymar, PHP, 5" stack, DJM drop hangers and shackles, Hellwig sway bars, Nathan K5LA, Full Power '08 Mirrors...**SOLD**
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 07:15 PM
PSN Newb

I need to do the same thing, my latch has completely fell off. Anybody know of some strong glue that will stick to the glass? I suppose i can probably get that answer from a local auto glass company as well....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode