FASS Warranty - :( - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

FASS Warranty - :(

Or lack of:

My FASS 150 used to run around 13psi since new (I also have a Cummins which most FASS run at 15-17psi). I didn't worry much about the lower pressure since I was told it was just the spring and it was plenty of pressure for my application. This last month, it has continually increased in noise as well as dropped in pressure. When it was operating around 5psi, I called FASS. This was on 8/9/2010. They informed me that my pump will not be warrantied because the warranty card was never sent it. I keep everything, so I went thru the original paper work and the warranty card that was supposed to be stapled, was not there. I purchased the pump towards the end of 2007 from DI Performance (David Lott), so either David removed it, or I did and sent it in. I really don't remember, it has been 3 years and I have slept and drank a few beers since. I will have to dig out my receipt to see what the actual date was. Either case, the pump was built on 8/15/2007, still within the 3 year warranty, so there is no way I had it for 3 years before I called.

I am totally bummed......

1999 Ford F250 with 2004 Cummins backed by a BTS transmission. FASS 150/150, ARP head studs, ATS exhaust manifold, Hellman Fuel Sump, Hellman intake manifold, Hellman fuel bowl delete, Smarty Revo SW#9, Hydraulic assist, Custom traction bars
Pictures:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 PM
PSN Newb

Re: FASS Warranty - :(

Seems to me like they should honor the 3yr warranty since the build date on the pump is within 3yrs. Even if you ordered it the day it was built (which obviously you did not) it would be under 3yrs.

Now, if the pump build date was much older than 3 years, I can see it being more tricky without the warranty card being processed.

Either way, FASS should honor the warranty IMO.....

I will be very curious to see what they do about this. I have been seriously considering ordering two of their systems for my two 7.3's. If they dont step up to the plate and make this right, I may look elsewhere...

Please keep us up to date on what happens with your pump!

'02 7.3L PSD, 6spd DRW CC 4x4

'99 7.3L PSD, BTS 4R100, Rockwell 2.5 ton axles
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Well the pump is on its way to Diesel Performance Products (FASS). They will have it Thursday and see what they say and the price. The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off they won't stand behind their product. They found a way to wiggle out of their warranty claim.

1999 Ford F250 with 2004 Cummins backed by a BTS transmission. FASS 150/150, ARP head studs, ATS exhaust manifold, Hellman Fuel Sump, Hellman intake manifold, Hellman fuel bowl delete, Smarty Revo SW#9, Hydraulic assist, Custom traction bars
Pictures:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 03:32 PM
PSN Veteran

FASS was very helpful when I called them about my warranty, I was actually very pleased with how they handled it. I had a new motor in a couple days and was back on the road. Sorry to hear that they're giving you a tough time...

2006 F250 CC LB FX4 Lariat
ARP studs, SCT X3 IDP & Gearhead tuned, S&B CAI, straight pipe, FASS 150/180, FCDP solid uppipe, Dieselsite coolant filter
2.5" BTS leveling kit, 35" Xtreme A/T's on XD Hoss 18's, N-Fab prerunner bar w/ 3 9" Hellas
Pioneer double din, JL components, 3 10" Pioneer subs

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 03:39 PM
PSN Veteran

air dog couldn't be happier...... and cheaper

Sold---2000 f-250 4x4 cclb 6 pos tuned by cale airdog 250, holding a stock tranny. afe cold air few other tricks under the hood always

2008 F-250 CCSB 4x4 ZF-6 deleted from day 3
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 06:26 PM
PSN Newb

Can you PM more info on the Airdog system to me?

Thanks!

'02 7.3L PSD, 6spd DRW CC 4x4

'99 7.3L PSD, BTS 4R100, Rockwell 2.5 ton axles
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

FASS pulled thru for me. Pump tested good on their bench. Amps were normal and the dead head came back fine. They ran different springs and all pressures checked out. So screw me in the ass. They installed new rubber ball bearings and new spring, just to do it. They say it is running 18psi no problem, which is were it is supposed to run. No charge, and they are covering the shipping back.

I was told there is a check valve in the CP3 that is fairly easy to check, which could be my problem, but they said its unlikely. That or my fuel pressure gauge took a crap. We will see when I get it back.

Pictures:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Proud Sponsor

they along with airdog are sticklers for that warranty card, if you don't send it in, don't plan on having a warranty from either company. glad they pulled through for you!

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode