cb antenna mount?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

cb antenna mount??

Ok I am looking for a goo place to mount my qty 2 4 foot fiberglass cb antennas. I bought these bed pocket mounts (link below) but they look like they will ripe the metal around the pocket after a short time. I do have a soft cover over my bed which does not help things one bit and need to keep the cover. Someone has to have a good looking idea on where to mount them on the box.

http://www.bellscb.com/products/ante...ik_SS-294A.htm

2006 F-250 CC SWB Amarillo with all the toys:
CAT back MBRP SS system, pillar gauges (ext,boost, trans, temp) cobra 29, rear flood lights installed F350 emblems in place of the 250's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and one freshly removed PSN sticker!!!!!

Last edited by BigTonka; 02-23-2008 at 10:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add the link lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 11:40 PM
PSN Local

Re: cb antenna mount??

i made some mounts and had mine on my hood. the mounts stuk out of the side of the hood.

02 F350 CC SB 7.3 Auto 4wd Lariat bone stock.....for now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PETA-People Eating Tasty Animals
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 11:51 PM
PSN Mega Miler

I battled with that on my 98 gmc before I traded it in on my f250. I wanted the cb but didnt want to drill a hole in my new tool box like the old tool box had. Finally ended up going with the hidden hookup that uses the fm radio. Sucked everytime I had tried that in the old days but the new one I had gotten from jcwhitney worked like a charm that time.

Unless your running a linear aka amp then the radio antenna adapter thing worked great. Course the range wasnt as good as a good firestik but it was fair. Alot better than I had them work in the past. Ill probably end up doing the same thing to my f250 when I get around to getting a cb for it.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 12:06 AM
PSN Mega Miler

It would work but you might be surpised if you have the fm antenna with the outter wire wrapping around it just how good that fm radio antenna works with a cb

Previous attempts at this worked line of site or maybe a tad further back in the early 80's but the one I had in my old truck I did about 3 years ago and it worked about 3 to 4 miles pretty reliably. Course there were always the 10 miles or more "sweet" spots you cant get to happen again the next day but it was very reliable for 3 to 4 miles easy.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 12:07 AM
PSN Mega Miler

Also this is all in mountains and hills, for the people that live where there are wide open spaces they might do allot better than I did.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I would like to run my 4" black firesticks (I like the look). After going out and looking at it some more I think I am going to find some steel that will fit tight inside the stake pockets and weld a cap on one end to mount the antenna on. Anyone ever done this? I just don't want to find out later that the box metal is starting to rip.

2006 F-250 CC SWB Amarillo with all the toys:
CAT back MBRP SS system, pillar gauges (ext,boost, trans, temp) cobra 29, rear flood lights installed F350 emblems in place of the 250's
and one freshly removed PSN sticker!!!!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 03:01 AM
PSN Mega Miler

You would be shooting yourself in the foot on the worked on radio and would be melting something with the footwarmer for sure

But for stock it works pretty darn good suprisingly.

Best I ever had set up was my old 81 suburban, was like having a moonraker ground plane with the antenna mounted dead center on the roof.

The vhf radio I had with no external amp (60 watts internal best I remember) would go 85 miles

May be a cheby but damn all that flat roof sure was handy for reaching out there.

BigTonka I definitely agree those firestiks will look good on there.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 03:22 AM
PSN Mega Miler

Nice looking setup.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 03:34 AM
PSN Mega Miler

It would be, but I wouldnt do it to a pickup.

That suburban was like having a house roof above you. I had about 4 or 5 antennas up there but you couldnt see but 2 of them without being waaaay off from it

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Custom Trailer Sales

I want to put mine on my mirrors like danf250 did. I've seen a few and his is one, that looks real nice and thats what I'm thinkin about doin in the next month.

Dan you wanna send me your pics, I've seen them before but I want to again so I can get some ideas together for myself and save the pics this time!!

Thanks

1999.5 F350 PSD CC Dually 05' Conversion
Stage I's - Gearhead Tuning - BTS - PCS
F550 rear suspension

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode