recon lighting. good or bad? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

recon lighting. good or bad?

was looking into the clear cab, led clear turns for the mirror and clear led third brake light.. are they any good duribility wise?

thanks

LUKE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 CCLB AUT0 4X4

S&B, DI/PRICOL GAUGES, CCV, ZOODAD, TS CHIP-MATT AT GEARHEAD,
38R, ADRENALINE, SWAMP'S IDM, 4" T/B MBRP
05 CONVERSION, 4 INCH LIFT, 325/65-18 FIERCE ATTITUDE M/T
WILSON 5000 GALAXY DX66

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 06:44 PM
KEM Sales & Support

Re: recon lighting. good or bad?

well lately they have had alot of complaints, I myself have a 3rd brakelight that has been on for about a yr and a row of led's is out, but recently I have ordered recon door sill plates from riff raff because they are the only ones that i know of...not to say that they are terrible but I would do a search on here
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 06:45 PM
PSN Veteran

i've had my recon cab lights for 2yrs and no complaints thus far.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 07:07 PM
CompD Mod

I've been one of the lucky ones with Recon I guess. I've never had a single problem with any of their stuff.

BBC-
2010 F-250 6.4L ,CCSB, 4x4, Black

TruckSourceDiesel
DerangedPerformance
FirstCoastDieselPerformance
SpartanDieselTechnologies
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Rock Steady

I have Roof clearance , 3rd brake light , dually fender and Tail lights.
No problems

2000 F-450 Dump NLTD tunes
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Hate 'R Us

I have cab, mirror and 3rd brake lights from them. The only one I have had problems with was the 3rd brake light. I'm on number 3 right now and it's blown out a row of LEDs. Really don't want to purchase another one so I just deal with it. On my experience the 3rd brake light lasts for about a year and then the little white LEDs will start to go bad and then the rows of red LEDs will go out. If I still had the stock 3rd brake light I would just VHT it and call it a day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 07:28 PM
nobody likes a quitter

My 3rd brake light is doing the strobe thing too. It is only about a yr old. I've heard lots of complaints about them and the mirror turnsignals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTMatt View Post
Parts duplication takes up a lot of time. There just isn't much time left in a day for work on BB!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodTractor View Post
6.0s ... the only thing the engine is good for is providing enough fluids to build a sand castle if you happen to be stuck in the Sahara.

Fuel Only
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Hate 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcummin View Post
My 3rd brake light is doing the strobe thing too. It is only about a yr old. I've heard lots of complaints about them and the mirror turnsignals.
Yea I've been in contact with Recon. I told them my story, sent in pictures of the strobe light and then they just want to "offer a substantial discount." F--K that, they're not getting any more of my money. I'm just gonna run this one till it blows out for good then pick up a stocker and tint it.

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 PM
PSN Local

I have all recon lights on my truck. The tailgate bar loses another bulb every month, and the dually fender lights constantly go out. I have to solder the wires and glue them to the body, and they will last about a month. You would think something that cost so much would have better quality!

00 drw,auto,6.0 cooler,tymar,overboost annihilator,4 inch exhaust,ITP intank mod,GT38R,DPTuner F5(60tow,80econo,140 extreme),stage 2's,diy fuel system rr,adrenaline,airbags,Katzkins leather seats,A-pillar gauges,05' front end,HID headlights,cowl induction hood,all lights are l.e.d., 24 inch alcoas
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 08:15 PM
PSN Local

i put the dodge cab lights on my 07 F250, and am pissed about the quality. very thin plastic that cracked as i was installing them. I wasnt even close to the final torque on the hardware and 2 of them broke. I was too far into the project to stop, so i had to seal them up with clear silicone at all the fastener locations. also, the connectors on them were junk, so i had to cut, and crimp them (aviation connectors), and to top it off, the seals would not sit correct on my roof, so i then sealed them at the bases with black silicone. they turned out good, but should not have had that many issues with the install.

35 inch Hankooks with a level lift and F350 rear blocks, AFE stage 2 intake, Procomp dual steering stabilizer, HID headlights, Westin bull bar with Procomp lights, Dodge Cab Lights, Edge Evolution Programmer, coolant filter, Sinister EGR delete, smoked tail lights & 60 inch LED bar, straight piped, high idle mod, ZooDad mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode