Couple more(little)changes. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Couple more(little)changes.

This is how it looked a couple weeks ago.

I decided to swap the door handles for the paintable ones and color-match them.
I also painted that little key pad that I never use.

I didn't get a good shot of it, but I matched the tailgate handle as well.

The color is a bit off because I didn't sand the handle smoothe, but it's not enough for me to give a sh!t about it.

I installed my 4" pro-flo exhaust with a 5" Bassani tip.

I really didn't want to add another piece of chome to my truck but you win some, you lose some. It'll be getting swapped out for a black one as soon as I paint my bumpers. I really dislike chrome.

Other than that, my 210 tune is finally loaded. It's fun as hell to drive I just wish it didn't smoke when I put it too the floor. Oh well, if that's my biggest complaint, I'm doing pretty good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:03 AM
MINK

Re: Couple more(little)changes.

clean truck man...very nice

Josh Mink
CAMB MOTORSPORTS
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:07 AM
WWDD

What a difference that made, lookin good bro!

couple trucks one fast one not

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Was PSD0389

Looks waaaaay better.

Where did you find the smoothed handles? Cuase thats what Im planning on doing next on mine as well

03 F-350 CCLB King ranch undergoing a 6.0 delete
99 Fummins- SOLD
95 F250- SOLD
08 6.4- Totaled 12/19/10
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_P View Post
Looks waaaaay better.

Where did you find the smoothed handles? Cuase thats what Im planning on doing next on mine as well
Ebay.

Just look them up under "2005 excursion door handles". They should be about $20 each/shipped. DO NOT buy them from 1a automotive. They sent me the wrong damn one 3 times in a row. They usually have the most listed, but there are still plenty of other vendors selling them. Just make sure they say "smoothe" in the description, otherwise you'll get the ones you already have.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:08 AM
Was PSD0389

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick36 View Post
Ebay.

Just look them up under "2005 excursion door handles". They should be about $20 each/shipped. DO NOT buy them from 1a automotive. They sent me the wrong damn one 3 times in a row. They usually have the most listed, but there are still plenty of other vendors selling them. Just make sure they say "smoothe" in the description, otherwise you'll get the ones you already have.
Awesome thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

03 F-350 CCLB King ranch undergoing a 6.0 delete
99 Fummins- SOLD
95 F250- SOLD
08 6.4- Totaled 12/19/10
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_P View Post
Awesome thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
No prob.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Sponsor

How did you do the keypad? Did you take it off and have it painted. I want to get that done along with my tailgate handle. Thanks.

Throttle Junkie Performance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Ford F-250, King Ranch, Tuned, Lifted, Wheels, Tires.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOWeaver68 View Post
How did you do the keypad? Did you take it off and have it painted. I want to get that done along with my tailgate handle. Thanks.
Yeah, if you pop the inner door panel off you'll see the little clip holding it in. Just unhook the electrical clip, pry the clip holding the pad in place with your fingers, and then press it out. It takes longer to get the door panel off than to pry the key pad off. It's real easy. Then I just put a piece of painters tape over the numbers and cut around them with an exacto knife. Nothing special.

I bought rattle cans from these guys: Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Paint Touch Up Accessories to take care of these small projects. I only used roughly a half/can on the handles and full can for my grille. I wouldn't want to pay someone to do something like this unless they charged under $50.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick36 View Post
Yeah, if you pop the inner door panel off you'll see the little clip holding it in. Just unhook the electrical clip, pry the clip holding the pad in place with your fingers, and then press it out. It takes longer to get the door panel off than to pry the key pad off. It's real easy.

I bought rattle cans from these guys: Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Paint Touch Up Accessories to take care of these small projects. I only used roughly a half/can on the handles and full can for my grille. I wouldn't want to pay someone to do something like this unless they charged under $50.
Thanks man, sounds good, Ive got a buddy who works at a Ford dealer so I can get things painted with the exact match for cheap. My 2 Ford ovals and 2 fender badges were $40 to paint them. And he sanded the emblems down smooth.

He will be doing my keypad and tailgate handle soon, tailgate handle is really getting on my nerves.

Nice truck btw.

Throttle Junkie Performance

2008 Ford F-250, King Ranch, Tuned, Lifted, Wheels, Tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode