Side exit exhaust - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
One man wolf pack

Side exit exhaust

ive been thinking of gettin rid of my stacks an runnin the exhaust out in front of the rear tire. i know this has been beaten to death but i was just looking for some honest opinions on it. ive heard all the stories of it turrnin the wheel black and the tire gets oily and the bed gets a lil black but ive also heard otherwise and of people never having a problem with it. How far out should it go to still look good but enough to push the soot away from the truck. ive seen pics and i think it looks sharp. jus lookin for some opinions or ideas. thanks in advance guys

2000 F250 CC/SB 4X4 7.3L, ISSPRO GAUGES, TS 6 POSITION CHIP, WW, DIY CAI, 5 IN SINGLE, TQ LOCK UP, EBPV MOD, FOIL DELETE

Soon to come:, More Air, More fuel, More oil, Ladder bars bigger tires(something like 35 15.50 r17) honestly the list never ends!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:17 AM
it's an 02 05 08

Re: Side exit exhaust

i ran one for a while and didnt have a problem with it. it turned the bed black, no different from what it does to the bumper now.

2002 ext. cab lwb 4x4 7.3
05 front 08 rear conversion
4in lift,forged rod motor,tunes by tsd,bts trans,6.0 transcooler,6 autometers to watch,studs,springs,push rods,238cc hybrids,itp reg return,stealth hpop,tsd custom fuel system and sump,an so on
6.0's pay the bills and 6.4's soon..
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Here for the party....

If I was going to do it, the tip would come out to there it is even with the curve in the lower body, at a 45 degree angle andthe tip would be rotated on it's side, so when you look from above, the slash cut in the tip is parallel to the body...if that makes any sense.

But get rid of the stacks, they are retarded unless there's a sanctioning reason for them, and spit that cope out of your mouth while you still have teeth, lips, and gums...it's disgusting and will give you reason to get a new less redneck user name.

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe, Crystal Red Tintcoat, LOADED
2014 Ford Mustang GT, 5.0, Race Red, 6 speed

Currently Stroke-less

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
One man wolf pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Mighty View Post
If I was going to do it, the tip would come out to there it is even with the curve in the lower body, at a 45 degree angle andthe tip would be rotated on it's side, so when you look from above, the slash cut in the tip is parallel to the body...if that makes any sense.

But get rid of the stacks, they are retarded unless there's a sanctioning reason for them, and spit that cope out of your mouth while you still have teeth, lips, and gums...it's disgusting and will give you reason to get a new less redneck user name.
i love my cope jus as much as my redneck name lol dentist still says i have great teeth. as far as cutting the tip at an angle what is the best way to cut it for the exhaust to flow away from the truck more? im not planning on running a smoke tune or anything and the truck doesnt smoke much as it is

2000 F250 CC/SB 4X4 7.3L, ISSPRO GAUGES, TS 6 POSITION CHIP, WW, DIY CAI, 5 IN SINGLE, TQ LOCK UP, EBPV MOD, FOIL DELETE

Soon to come:, More Air, More fuel, More oil, Ladder bars bigger tires(something like 35 15.50 r17) honestly the list never ends!!
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:26 AM
PSN Newb

Hey man I side exhaust for a while... It was down tube with flex pipe to straight pipe with a tip like y'all r talkin about.... If there's no 90 degree turns in it... It will be so loud u won't be able to handle it... I'm 20 years old and it was to loud for me.... But it looks SICK!!!!!! just my opinion...
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:28 AM
PSN Local

lol loud? come on. Go with a single stack...

Anthony

2000 F-250 205k Few goodies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
One man wolf pack

well im wantin to loose the stacks lol. i dont mind loud but how loud we talkin? louder than the stacks im runnin now?

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
One man wolf pack

also this will most likley be temporary until i can get a full exhaust.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:56 AM
Woman Driver

trade your stacks for my back-half?

Mine: early '99 F-350 Crew Cab Long Bed dually

it does stuff

His: '00 F-550

doesn't do as much

it took years to build an incredible site that went to the sh!tter in days

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
One man wolf pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotPayment? View Post
trade your stacks for my back-half?
what ya workin with

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode