Those of you with Camper Tops/ Shells - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Those of you with Camper Tops/ Shells

I'm looking to completely redo the bed of my truck. I will most likely be converting my truck to a dually short bed from a single axle. But what I'm looking to do is carpet the bed and somehow insulate the camper shell (dynamat) so that I can camp in it as well as remove the back cab window and seal the camper to the cab. If anyone has any cool bed ideas, or have done this, please post up. Pictures are even better.

This is the beginning stage of planning so any and all ideas are welcome.

The overall plan is to use it to haul materials and tools for work but to keep it very clean and professional. I was thinking a removable tool box right at the gate so that I can reach everything with the gate down, plus throw a basket off the hitch since I already own one. Keep in mind that I'm handicap and can't do much climbing into the bed, etc. But then when I tow the Jeep or boat I can use the bed to sleep in comfortably as well as haul the dogs back there. I've already found the perfect air mattress designed for truck beds but I'd love to figure out how to mount more batteries under the bed for an A/C unit and possibly Tracvision TV some day down the road. The possibilities are endless!

Murdered out 2002

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode