looking for help w/new treads - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

looking for help w/new treads

I've searched many threads for ideas and here I am.

I have 2" leveling kit, and bush wacker fender flares that give 3" more fender at the top. Currently have dc mud country 315/75/16 on stockers (bit too big for the wheels but they fit). With out the fenders the tires stick out 1", with fenders the tires look 2" too small width wise. I want a full width look.

Looking for cheap wheel route. I want to go to an 18" wheel all black 10" wide, maybe some bead lock look, high weight rating for towing and general over loading. I like the minimal look of some metal motos, or tanks teflons. Heck I'd go with some steel shwag rims if it was a good deal and they did not look bad. I do not like shiny nice things cause I will dent and scratch it, let alone cleaning my truck which gets way dirty. I do not know about back spacing, as above I would like them to stick out a bit more than the stock wheels with the 315/75's. 2" more. Mind you 12.5" tires are wide enough for me, so back spacing may be my issue.

I want to stick with the 35"-36" tires. Whatever I can get the best deal on really with a higher rated mud tire like the toyo mt's. This is where I think the money is worth spending. As I have destroyed cheap tires quick like.

Thanks

1994 F-700 Cummins 5.9 12v and Arbortech chip body

1999 International 4900 DT466E w/Allison auto, flatbed 60' rear mount altec am855 boom.

2001 F-350 7.3 4x4 reg cab, single shots, BTS trans,
35" toyo mt's on black 18" KMC addicts

2006 F-350 6.0 4x4 cc lariat, 20" stock wheels with toyo at's....waiting for studs and all that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode