evolution of my sled.. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

evolution of my sled..

Well, I thought it would be neat to start a thread showing the different stages of my truck. From the beginning to current, it has been quite the journey. For the most part, the expensive stuff (lift etc) has stayed the same but almost every other component has been upgraded or swapped. At any rate, here it is...

This was the video that was 2 previous owners ago. It didnt look *that* bad, although the little wheels and big tires really date the truck.

it is found on youtube under the tag "monster excursion"

So, apparently this guy sells the truck to the guy I bought it from, who has an indoor soccer company. Must be a Miami Florida thing... I guess driving it around with his company logo sticks out, I mean, it is a "monster excursion" right?

Notice the "baby on board" sticker? Well, look below that and you will see the 100lb steps that the previous owner added to access the hatch. Pretty slick

He was *almost* successful at adding every JC Whitney part...

rock guard for a truck lifted 2ft over stock? check
rediculously small wheels for rediculously large tires? check
non working step bars? check
about every chrome piece available from ebay? check
clapped out looking headlights? check

well, here's where it starts to get nasty...im going to go ahead and list this ahead of time so noone pukes on their monitors or any crazy sh!t like that...what you are about to see is either going to impress you from creativity, make you bust out in tears of laughter, or cause endless vomiting from your inner stomach...

you have been warned...

We don't need no stinking stacks, we got twice pipes! lmao

Img going to refrain from posting the picture, but in the for sale ad, dood actually took a picture of his hand to show how far the tip actually came out the side... WONDERFUL IDEA!!11!!1!

Once people have regained their composure, I will say that the reasoning behind this was that he had 6 shocks under the rear of the truck, severely limiting the access for a rear mounted exhaust. Instead of taking off the 4 additional shocks, he opted for the less-than-moderate exhaust routing procedure.

Now, I didnt go into this thinking I was going to drive it around as is, so I could live with the condition of the truck knowing it was all going to change...

So, after week 1 of ownership, I had put a few hours into salvaging what I was going to salvage and change up what I was going to change up...

20in rockstars, new 44 growlers, 05 conversion, removed rear step bar, removed old non working steps, removed bug guard, removed chrome handles, removed shock condoms, added amp steps, removed exhaust etc etc..

There wasn't a picture of one of the beautiful mods the seller didn't disclose and that was the blinking O/D light. Basically, after week 1, I took the truck to Diesel Innovations in Houston and had Dave fix some loil eaks. Well, needless to say, the transmission (in no way Daves fault) decided to grenade itself, so I decided to put one of his built transmissions in it while it was there... thanks Dave!

Anyhow, I was driving the truck around and within my little fleet of cars, it stuck out because of the obvious size but it didnt really look the part...So, the hell with Toreador red, lets do something else...

check out that bling lol

So, here I am, trying to figure out which color I wanted. I couldn't do orange, yellow, or black, so my brain was off about candy red, perhaps a metallic blue, or something loud...While I was grocery shopping, I skipped over to the magazine aisle and started going through some of the truck mags thinking about ideas. While I was browsing over the aisle, I came across a magazine that had a picture of the 2011 Camaro synergy green. Needless to say, my color was chosen...

I had to find a custom paint shop that painted 18 wheelers or take the wheels off and roll it around on crawlers. Fortunately, I had one local...

clear coming tomorrow!

what a cool color!...

Im out of pics at the moment, but will take some more tomorrow or the upcoming day as I get updates...

thanks for reading this far!

Porsche 996tt-some mods
Corvette C5 vert-740/715
Mini Cooper S-198fwhp
Kawa ZX10r-176whp
Ford Excursion-19in lift on 46s
Volvo VNL770-ridin dirty on 22.5s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to BMac Send a message via MSN to BMac Send a message via Skype™ to BMac
Re: evolution of my sled..

that color is gonna look pretty badass!

People Fly Airplanes, Pilot's Fly Helicopters

2002 F350 Extended Cab Shortbed
1977 Early Bronco
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 01:44 AM
28 cent #2

Can't wait to see finished pictures. It was already amazing how far you brought it. I don't even know what to say about the exhaust............

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:01 AM
amos moses

Awsome color choice. Can't wait to see it!
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

daryl, strokeit, bmac,

thanks guys, i appreciate your comments :)

the color was a tough one. i didnt want to go through all of the trouble of painting and keeping it a stock color and i didnt want to go overboard and do all the graphics and tribal/flames/two tone/whatever on the side so i had to find the happy medium.

its fresh, the limetime color from hok has too much yellow it in and the chevy spark yellow looked like puke green in daylight spectrums. the color that originally caught my eye was snakeskin green from the 08+ dodge viper but this color just a hair more "rich" in color.

for ####s and giggles, i went and found the exhaust pics from the guy. initially, he was almost kinda bragging about this exhaust while i tried to put it together in my head. then the pics came and it was like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetAttachment.jpg (24.2 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment1.jpg (22.1 KB, 61 views)

Porsche 996tt-some mods
Corvette C5 vert-740/715
Mini Cooper S-198fwhp
Kawa ZX10r-176whp
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:42 AM
Attention Whore

That's a color change done right. I don't wanna know what it cost since I'm about to do the same thing...well...I kinda do...but I kinda don't.

Spending money I don't have on crap I don't need to impress people I don't know.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
That's a color change done right. I don't wanna know what it cost since I'm about to do the same thing...well...I kinda do...but I kinda don't.
Unbroken,

It wasn't as bad as I thought. Body shops are a little oppressed right now with the economy in general but I found this guy down the street and he used to do lifted trucks/hot rods when he was growing up. Of course, after a little twisting of arms we settled just south of 5g's which is a STEAL considering the perplexity of the job. As you stated, its the right way to do a paint job with all the jams, doors off, rear glass cutout, etc etc.

Ive had alot less done for alot more when the economy was actually decent. The paint on my vette was almost double that years ago and theres 2X less real estate on that car than this truck.

Porsche 996tt-some mods
Corvette C5 vert-740/715
Mini Cooper S-198fwhp
Kawa ZX10r-176whp
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 03:25 AM
Waitin' on 500

Its gonna look awesome when its done. I like that color alot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Single Cab Dually
S366 w/Irate mount and plenums, EFuel, Intercooler, P.I.S 175/80s,
Corbeau seats w 08 console, 19.5s, Black Interior with swede headliner and visors,
Custom badges, Flight Fab/DIY traction bars.

2012 CCSB F250 Ultimate Lariat.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 03:50 AM
GoNavy!

Love the color!!!

2000 F-250, RCLB, Auto!!
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Was PSD0389

Man that color is gonna look sick when its all done!

03 F-350 CCLB King ranch undergoing a 6.0 delete
99 Fummins- SOLD
95 F250- SOLD
08 6.4- Totaled 12/19/10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode