Water Nozzle Size Dilemma.... Help! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
A Ghost these days...

Water Nozzle Size Dilemma.... Help!

I currently have one water nozzle in the cold side intercooler pipe. Its a 439cc/m @ 200psi nozzle. Im 99.9% sure everything is working properly. My LED lights up when I hit 15psi and goes away when I let off. The LED is tapped into my NO (normally open) wire so the pump is coming on when my LED lights up. My water tank is also missing a little water after a couple WOT runs.

I said all that to say this:

My EGT's are still climbing pretty high, just not as fast. 1300*+. And i've still got plenty of smoke.

I only have the current nozzle im using, and a 878cc/m @ 200psi nozzle which is twice the size of the current one.

Will this be too big of a step to try, or should I order a 667cc/m nozzle to try first?

I just dont want to flood her with too much water and mess something up. But I want things cooled down for the track on Friday.

Thanks in Advance,
Clayton.

2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Drink til she's cute

Re: Water Nozzle Size Dilemma.... Help!

Sounds like you need more water.......try the one you have (878cc)..if your worried bump your stage to come on up to 20lbs or so. You won't hurt anything....at 15-20lbs there is more than enough heat and pressure to vaporize the water. It won't take ALOT of h2o to hurt your motor at 15-20lbs of boost. (Like a 5 gallon bucket at one shot amount)

Check your ccv after the run with the bigger injector....if you have some water or mist around the vent...it's too much then order the smaller size. Or bump the pressure up on your pump. The nice thing about cooling mist is the trial and error.

2008 F-250: High Powers / Dual K16 / 60% Nozzles
ELITE
NO LIMIT
SWAMPS
GEARHEAD
INNOVATIVE
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 11:54 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuglike View Post
Sounds like you need more water.......try the one you have (878cc)..if your worried bump your stage to come on up to 20lbs or so. You won't hurt anything....at 15-20lbs there is more than enough heat and pressure to vaporize the water. It won't take ALOT of h2o to hurt your motor at 15-20lbs of boost. (Like a 5 gallon bucket at one shot amount)

Check your ccv after the run with the bigger injector....if you have some water or mist around the vent...it's too much then order the smaller size. Or bump the pressure up on your pump. The nice thing about cooling mist is the trial and error.
Agreed 100%...

My first injector comes on at 8psi, but its just a baby 350ml... The bigger one comes on at 15-18psi and its a 750ml. I have not reinstalled the third one (750ml Pre IC) yet.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
A Ghost these days...

Thanks for all your help. I installed the 760 yesterday before I left work. It made a huge difference. Pump comes on at 15 psi and the egt's stop climbing at 1100* under WOT. I love it!
Awesome kit!

When I roll into it easy and bring the boost up a little slower, the pyro moves so slow, or doesn't move at all. I cant wait to tow with it. Engine doesn't seem to be chugging or lugging so im sure I dont have too much water.

2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode