Color matched and Crome plating. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Color matched and Crome plating.

Ok guys seen several threads and questions asked about getting color matched and chrome acccesories and Me and my boss are looking into this chroming material that will set up on any surface. Door handles mirrors bumpers rims interior exterior you name it. Can do any kind of design wanted. It cost alot and i mean alot of money to get started it takes special spray guns and material for it to work. so im kinda poking around to see what kind of market there is. Feel free to ask any questions.

Sam

2005 f-350
5 inch MBRP turbo back exhaust
Soon to be gear head tuned and egr deleted
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 03:20 AM
SilverBullet06

Re: Color matched and Crome plating.

I would love all my door handles and tailgate handle color matched. I had an 03' silverado and you could order color matched door and tailgate handles off of ebay! Why not super duty handles? Also I have noticed that some super dutys have their side mirrors painted as well. Not the whole thing but just the part that covers the back of the mirror. Can you find those aftermarket or do they have to be painted as well?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet06 View Post
I would love all my door handles and tailgate handle color matched. I had an 03' silverado and you could order color matched door and tailgate handles off of ebay! Why not super duty handles? Also I have noticed that some super dutys have their side mirrors painted as well. Not the whole thing but just the part that covers the back of the mirror. Can you find those aftermarket or do they have to be painted as well?
Not exactly sure man I had chrome mirror covers but couldn't ever find color matched. And this will be cheaper Rather than buying the covers we'll be able to paint actual handles and other components.

2005 f-350
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 12:33 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet06 View Post
Back in the day you could order them from Ford but not anymore. I had all mine done about a year ago, pulled them off myself and saved labor.

Pete

2003 F250 FX4 Lariat Crew Cab

No Spray, No Lay...

Custom tuned and sponsored by GoGo Diesel.

Speed never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you. Jeremy Clarkson. Top Gear.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:44 PM
PSN Veteran

I have been dying to do mine too. The KR trucks have the look i want with the color matched handles and mirrors. Its not supposed to be that difficult just kind of labor intensive to sand them all smooth, prime then paint. But if you could just get covers like those ugly a$$ crome ones everyone sticks on it would be better cheaper and easier for the consumer. So i would think you would have a pretty good market. Go for it and send me a price.

06' F-250 CC SRW 4x4, 6" fabtech lift, bilstien 5100 shocks, 4" MBRP TB no cat, ARP studs, 2 JL audio 10" W0, 20x12 weld cheyenne 8's, 35x13.50x20 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ

BNIB 6.0 head with all related hardware, straight from FORD. For Sale PM me offers
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersnyper694788 View Post
I have been dying to do mine too. The KR trucks have the look i want with the color matched handles and mirrors. Its not supposed to be that difficult just kind of labor intensive to sand them all smooth, prime then paint. But if you could just get covers like those ugly a$$ crome ones everyone sticks on it would be better cheaper and easier for the consumer. So i would think you would have a pretty good market. Go for it and send me a price.
Sounds good were gonna use my truck as well as my buddies to do testing for pricing and all if decide to do it. The best thing is its not to labor intensive so that will help with the price.
Gonna do our rain guards aswell.

2005 f-350
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 12:01 AM
PSN Veteran

There just going to stick on with some 3M tape right. Im pretty sure thats how that chrome crap is done.

06' F-250 CC SRW 4x4, 6" fabtech lift, bilstien 5100 shocks, 4" MBRP TB no cat, ARP studs, 2 JL audio 10" W0, 20x12 weld cheyenne 8's, 35x13.50x20 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ

BNIB 6.0 head with all related hardware, straight from FORD. For Sale PM me offers
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

No, What ever you have rather it be door handles mirrors what ever. You will send them and we will coat the actual object no caps or nothing. It would be like sending stuff to a chrome dipping shop.

2005 f-350
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 05:56 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Any pics of said parts that have been treated this way? I realize you don't have the equipment yet, but do you have any pics of stuff that has been through the process?

2005 F-250
Tuning by-Gearhead Automotive & Innovative
Performance Truck Products
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I do but not aloud to list since were not sponsors. Think were going to go through with it so once we do and settle up with the mods on here well get pics posted if they allow.

2005 f-350

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode